Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Revision timetable HELP Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, Just got my half term break I start back on the 15th. I need some help with my timetable, more like someone to make me one B) Physics, Chemistry and Maths and I got 2 Weeks to learn AS unit 1 of each of the subjects for the mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Make it yourself.
    Look at extracurricular time, breaks, and how long you want to spend on each subject.
    This will help you with time management, it's no use us doing it for you, since we don't know the nature of any of your other potential commitments.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh not bothered, commitment level: 9%

Call of Duty: 91%. Now watch there be some wise crack try to be funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You sure you should be doing A Levels then?

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to increase your motivation a little, you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    No I shouldn't be doing A levels, I know that. Why do all the ****tards on TSR not have something better to say. But now that I am doing A levels do us a favour and help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSaiyan)
    Hey guys, Just got my half term break I start back on the 15th. I need some help with my timetable, more like someone to make me one B) Physics, Chemistry and Maths and I got 2 Weeks to learn AS unit 1 of each of the subjects for the mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you checked out 'Get Revising'? It's a free site for students. Just sign up, click on the 'make a revision timetable' link, enter your exams and commitments and click on the calculator.........revision timetable done for you!

ReputationRep:
    If you can't be bothered to make a revision timetable, how on earth are you going to be bothered to revise?...

ReputationRep:
    Wow great site thanks and lol the same way I revised for GCSE, do nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    You will have a reality check hit you soon enough. TSR Members are here to help and to relate not to do the work for you. You have been given advice on how to make it and you have thrown it back in others faces. If you cannot be bothered to make a revision timetable for work which you have clearly not been looking over and making notes on from the beginning; how are you going to do well within the two week timespan you have given yourself to learn a whole unit of three courses.

The step between GCSE's and A Levels is much greater than you think. If you get through your AS', good luck with your A2's as you will need it. Big time.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer to use post it notes stating how many hours and what subject to revise, rather than timetables. And stick them around the house, to remind myself.

You're more likely to stick to that instead of long term timetables, especially on days when you're feeling tired.

But if that isn't your thing, getrevising is really good as said by another poster. Not just for creating timetables but for notes too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alis-volatpropriis)
    I prefer to use post it notes stating how many hours and what subject to revise, rather than timetables. And stick them around the house, to remind myself.

You're more likely to stick to that instead of long term timetables, especially on days when you're feeling tired.

But if that isn't your thing, getrevising is really good as said by another poster. Not just for creating timetables but for notes too.

That's not a half bad idea, I'll try that thanks

ReputationRep:
    Of course, the world cares about you. How could I be more wrong.

What makes you think you're so special?

Your not, by the way- and I think 90% of people on here would agree with me.

Your just another student trying to churn out half decent grades, hiding behind a computer screen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on making one but not sure how to set it out! ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am a yr 11 student and I've had the same problem, but I used this to help:

http://getrevising.co.uk/timetable/intro

It is completely free, and really useful.
    It also makes more time for those of your exams you feel have more priority in comparison to others.

Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    Okay Thankyou!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattheatre)

The step between GCSE's and A Levels is much greater than you think. If you get through your AS', good luck with your A2's as you will need it. Big time.
    You posted this 3 weeks but as I was reading through the thread I was thinking really is there a big difference ? I'm currently in Year 11 & thinking about the next step which is Sixth Form, I'm taking these 4 subjects in my AS Level: Biology; Chemistry; Maths; IT. Would you reccomend me getting ahead of the game & start going through a bit of A level stuff so I get a rough idea of what it's like ? Because I've heard many students say that the jump is like from Yr6 direct to Yr11. So based on them 4 subjects do you think it's really a huge leap. I love the 4 subjects so I always like to boraden my knowledge.

Hopefully you see this & reply asap thanks

ReputationRep:
    The jump is much greater than one thinks.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    You posted this 3 weeks but as I was reading through the thread I was thinking really is there a big difference ? I'm currently in Year 11 & thinking about the next step which is Sixth Form, I'm taking these 4 subjects in my AS Level: Biology; Chemistry; Maths; IT. Would you reccomend me getting ahead of the game & start going through a bit of A level stuff so I get a rough idea of what it's like ? Because I've heard many students say that the jump is like from Yr6 direct to Yr11. So based on them 4 subjects do you think it's really a huge leap. I love the 4 subjects so I always like to boraden my knowledge.

Hopefully you see this & reply asap thanks
    Hi there Midnight1811 the step from GCSE is A Level is a massive one and for the subjects your doing the step will be incredibly high. I wouldn't say that you need to do any extra revision or start buying books by the dozen on the subjects as it will be taught to you but what I would recommend is taking a step back and looking at the way you organise yourself in terms of work. Is your room tidy enough to have a work area? Can you file books and papers away easily? Do you keep notes on scraps of paper or in a book or on an iPad?

Because A Levels is very much more independent study then once September comes around see what books, if any, your tutor recommends you purchase to help you through your studies. At A Level, so long as you take something that you are GOOD at you can go pretty much anywhere. Your grades at A Level are what employers and universities will look at and judge your commitment to learning and to work.

Don't go throwing away the best educational year of your life on something happening next year. Over the Easter Break just have a look at how you organise your school life.

ReputationRep:
    Study Physics for 2 hours each day , Then Chemistry for 2 hours, Then do Maths for 2 hours . And then do past papers each day . If you do this in your mock you can get C and in June exams you will get A . But ONLY if you repeat that process EACH and EVERY day .

We have our mock in March (good for us )

And i learn my lessons every day . And by doing that i was able to get 100/100 UMS in 2 units and A in other 2 units. This June i will be doing Unit 2 and 3 (Bio and chem) and C2 .

If you dont learn your lessons , who would do it ? With people like you our probability of getting into universities would increase!!

Good Luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.