Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People said Hi to me but due to anxiety I could not respond, how do I get over issue? Watch

In town on New Years Eve a Emo said hello to me when I was walking past some people he was with. Because I was kind of thinking of something and partly I was too shy I didn't say anything to him. Then he said merry Christmas then a girl he was with said happy new year you mean Chrstmas has gone. At this point the anxiety took over an I was gripped with anxiety, so I was too scared to say happy new year to him. One of the girls also said happy new year, but I was so terrified I couldn't say anything to her either. He then said something about my shoe laces (im not sure sarcasticly or not since his section of the group started laughing a little)but I didn't catch what he said so I frowned and carried on walking.

The thing is I love Emo girls and gave been waiting for years to approach an Emo near the cathedral in town for ages (These peopke for the first time were somewhere different near the library), just never had the guts. Now they were saying hi to me and I was too petrified/unsure if myself to say anything. Ive been gutted about the incident since really. I'm not sure what to do. I kind if hope I see them again to rectify the situation.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't talk ~ Just smile and wave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hidden_Bananas)
    If you can't talk ~ Just smile and wave
    You got that from Madagascar, didn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    You got that from Madagascar, didn't you?
    Maybe.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In town on New Years Eve a Emo said hello to me when I was walking past some people he was with. Because I was kind of thinking of something and partly I was too shy I didn't say anything to him. Then he said merry Christmas then a girl he was with said happy new year you mean Chrstmas has gone. At this point the anxiety took over an I was gripped with anxiety, so I was too scared to say happy new year to him. One of the girls also said happy new year, but I was so terrified I couldn't say anything to her either. He then said something about my shoe laces (im not sure sarcasticly or not since his section of the group started laughing a little)but I didn't catch what he said so I frowned and carried on walking.

The thing is I love Emo girls and gave been waiting for years to approach an Emo near the cathedral in town for ages (These peopke for the first time were somewhere different near the library), just never had the guts. Now they were saying hi to me and I was too petrified/unsure if myself to say anything. Ive been gutted about the incident since really. I'm not sure what to do. I kind if hope I see them again to rectify the situation.
    I don't suppose you live in Birmingham do you lol?
    This just made me think of pigeon park.

(Original post by Daniellejo.)
    I don't suppose you live in Birmingham do you lol?
    This just made me think of pigeon park.
    Yep.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.