Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm an A2 student and I'm doing one January module (biol4 on the 11th) which is sort of unusual for me as I've done all my 4 As in June last year

I'm not one of those to leave revision to the last minute and I haven't but now the exam is less than two weeks away and I find myself in a phase between extreme freaking out and unmotivated depressing laziness which I feel guilty about (and you know how half term sleeping/ daily routines go out of hand... Since I'm up this late). It's really terrible as I'm generally a good student and I'm trying to aim at 90% UMS in this exam.

I feel 50/50 prepared for the exam and I'm confused with myself because sometimes I feel prepared and sometimes I feel I'm going to fail and everything is going to fail after that.

I don't know where this is going but, anyone have any tips? Inspiration? Motivation?
    Everything is just getting so tiring -.- thanks in advance

Edit: also, I shouldn't really be moaning as I know people who have x amount of exams in the next month and are wrecked sleepless stress pots so this seems sort of selfish... But maybe some replies will help everyone
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First of all, calm down. Listen to some music or whatever, but just don't freak out! It's pretty much the least effective emotion to feel at the moment.

Secondly, correct me if I'm mistaken but you want to read Psychology at UCL, right? If so, then close your eyes and imagine that you're a student at UCL right now. Imagine that you're excitedly discussing that recent lecture with your mates, or that you're just relaxing with them; whatever you find motivational really! I find that imagining my (hopefully!) future success gets me energised and motivated in no time! Many people I know also post up pictures of their dream universities, which I'm thinking of doing too!

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vian)
    First of all, calm down. Listen to some music or whatever, but just don't freak out! It's pretty much the least effective emotion to feel at the moment.

Secondly, correct me if I'm mistaken but you want to read Psychology at UCL, right? If so, then close your eyes and imagine that you're a student at UCL right now. Imagine that you're excitedly discussing that recent lecture with your mates, or that you're just relaxing with them; whatever you find motivational really! I find that imagining my (hopefully!) future success gets me energised and motivated in no time! Many people I know also post up pictures of their dream universities!
    Thanks ^^ you're correct, UCLs the dream but its what gets me worried the most... Even earlier on today when iwas trying to get to bed, all that you've described above was in my head which caused me that panicky state... All the daydreaming happens at night time when I try to force myself to sleep and can't revise etc...-.- by the time it's morning it's the same unmotivated crap again... Might be due to my crappy sleep and waking up at 12
    Your idea is definitely useful , I'll try it tomorrow morning(afternoon) :P

Edit: I love anime but never got around to watching code geas... Again... I put those things to the side coz I say 'I don't have time to be watching anime' but all the times spend procrastination is probably equivalent to decent 2+ anime series >_>

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.