Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

African Cup of Nation 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh Victor Moses, how am going to enjoy watching you in a Nigerian shirt for years to come :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Ideye-Emenike-Moses

Please stay motivated you three. I beg.

ReputationRep:
    gonna be more than three up by the end I reckon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    gonna be more than three up by the end I reckon
    Nigerians don't dissapoint

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Nigerians don't dissapoint
    I feel bad for the keeper now tbh!

Personally gotta wait for tonight before I speak of my possible disappointment

ReputationRep:
    Nigeria indicating that the squad is traquil :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad for the keeper now tbh!

Personally gotta wait for tonight before I speak of my possible disappointment
    Their high line is just suicidal.

ReputationRep:
    Great stuff by Nigeria. Have to say I liked them from the start of the tournament - defend well but also have the firepower to hurt teams. Questions were whether they'd become a team, especially with the pressure they're under. Mali tried to be a bit too clever today. Usually physical and difficult to break down but they were a bit too adventurous today; leaving out tanks like Samba Sow. By 2-0 it was game over. Great to see Nigeria doing well, I like Keshi.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like it's a Nigeria vs Burkina Faso final. Quite happy with that considering I'm Nigerian and if we were to loose against Ghana in the final the Nigeria-Ghana banter for the coming years would be unbearable.

ReputationRep:
    can't believe burkina are in the final... wtf Ghana?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Looks like it's a Nigeria vs Burkina Faso final. Quite happy with that considering I'm Nigerian and if we were to loose against Ghana in the final the Nigeria-Ghana banter for the coming years would be unbearable.
    Agreed! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go Naija! Told my dad from the beginning that we're gonna get this cup <3

ReputationRep:
    can't believe burkina are in the final... wtf Ghana?
    I'm not too surprised. Ghana haven't been impressive at all this tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    You still know that if we lose, those ghanians would still have something to say.

#inferiorcomplexsyndrome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I'm not too surprised. Ghana haven't been impressive at all this tournament.
    Even a poor Ghana should've won that though. And beating togo was impressive too. fair play to them, but you definitely would not have picked them to be in the final before the tournament started!.

ReputationRep:
    God I'm absolutely loving this Nigerian team. Haven't been this excited about a Nigerian team since the 2000 senior team or the one that reached the 2007 youth world cup. Might have to start watching Dynamo Kyiv- didn't really know much about Brown until now.

Post this tournament, this team should be able to with a decent draw make a run for hopefully the semi but at least the quater finals at the WC.

- Enyeama
    Ambrose Omeruo Yobo Echiejile
    Onazi- Mikel
    Moses
    Musa- Emenike- Brown
    Going forward, I'd like to see this team, though it's possibly too attacking for Keshi's liking. I'm not overly comfortably with both our fullbacks but they'll do atm- Ambrose just run pointlessly with the ball whilst Echiejile doesn't really fill me with much confidence. Also, hope this spell the end for both the Kalu brothers, they're just a re-return to the days of yakubu.

ReputationRep:
    My hopes are on Ghana. Love that country

EDIT: found out they got kicked oot. Want Burkina to win. Party in Ouagadougo! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Even a poor Ghana should've won that though. And beating togo was impressive too. fair play to them, but you definitely would not have picked them to be in the final before the tournament started!.
    I think you're overrating Ghana and underestimating Burkina Faso. Ghana rarely win matches with the domination a side of their calibre should be doing at this level. In fact, a lot of their goals during this year's tournament and last year's came from set-pieces rather than open play. It's bizarre because they have a lot of attacking talent, badly in need of a top quality striker though. When Gyan, who I don't rate that high, isn't performing, there is no one else.

As for Burkina Faso, I call them the 'Serbia of Africa'. Always had the talent to go on a run like this and have widely been tipped as 'dark horses' in recent times, but they always disappoint - to the extent that, even though they came into the tournament with good players, many were no longer tipping them as dark horses. That said, I think they've even surprised themselves. I watched their play-off tie v Central African Republic, it took a 96th minute goal for them to qualify for the tournament. Football is a funny game!

ReputationRep:
    Burkina Faso get to the final! Incredible really, a thrill-riding game with Ghana. So tense, and it's amazing to a team like that go through because I bet many people haven't even heard of them before.

So the final is now set: Nigeria vs. Burkina Faso

ReputationRep:
    My money is on Burkina Faso.

What happened to Zambia? (Last Years Winners)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.