Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeiChin)
    Section A: First 7 questions are about each of the topic from LSE100, namely poverty, climate change, culture, cold war, financial crisis, population growth and ideas with poverty most likely being a variation on measures of poverty. 8th question would be something along the lines of read the readings below and criticize the justifications/sources made/used.
    Section B: First 3 questions basically pair up the 6 topics(not including poverty) in the form of climate change with ideas, culture with population growth and cold war with financial crisis. The last question will probably be an open type questions stating to use 2 or more modules as examples.
    Obviously these are only predictions and I only have 2 years of questions to work on so use it at your own risk. Though I have to say I'm pretty sure they'll be too lazy to do anything different for tomorrow =D
    how did you see the 2011 paper? I can't find it online. Financial crisis is probably my strongest module but cold war is definitely by far my weakest! How hard is it to pass this exam? Is there a high pass rate? I just want to pass! And get it over and done with!

ReputationRep:
    It's on moodle. Go to lse100 and click assessment. I have no idea...shouldn't be too hard to pass though, I hope. Just write enough bull**** and pug in a few references here and there?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I m actually interested in the slides for the IR course, could someone help me out?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysongbook)
    how did you see the 2011 paper? I can't find it online. Financial crisis is probably my strongest module but cold war is definitely by far my weakest! How hard is it to pass this exam? Is there a high pass rate? I just want to pass! And get it over and done with!
    Calm down! Nobody fails LSE100, it's a piss-poor excuse of a waste of students' time. Besides, it wouldn't reflect well on the department if students failed it.

Just write some rubbish, sprinkle a few references in it and voilà, you will end up with at least a merit.

Take it from someone who didn't give a crap about the course and received a Distinction on it. It is the ultimate exercise is bull****ing.

ReputationRep:
    I know people keep saying how useless LSE100 is but really if I do get an offer (which I'll firm instantaneously), I'll be excited to attend the LSE100. It sounds like a really interesting course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N037)
    I know people keep saying how useless LSE100 is but really if I do get an offer (which I'll firm instantaneously), I'll be excited to attend the LSE100. It sounds like a really interesting course.
    It has the potential to be interesting. But it's really not at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avash27)
    Haha. I've got an honest question. Is the issue with the course a mindset problem, the content of the course or just how the course is taught. Hopefully, I'll get to find out on my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N037)
    Haha. I've got an honest question. Is the issue with the course a mindset problem, the content of the course or just how the course is taught. Hopefully, I'll get to find out on my own.
    I'd say the content is fine, it's mainly the way it's taught, and people's disinterest in certain topics.

But whatever, I don't care anymore as I took the exam in January and don't have to think about how useless the course is ever again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arrowhead)
    Calm down! Nobody fails LSE100, it's a piss-poor excuse of a waste of students' time. Besides, it wouldn't reflect well on the department if students failed it.

Just write some rubbish, sprinkle a few references in it and voilà, you will end up with at least a merit.

Take it from someone who didn't give a crap about the course and received a Distinction on it. It is the ultimate exercise is bull****ing.
    Thanks, but I already sat the exam in January. When do we get our results?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysongbook)
    Thanks, but I already sat the exam in January. When do we get our results?
    Last year we received our results midway through Easter.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avash27)
    This sums it up for me.

LSE100 ends up being general studies at LSE. Nobody respects it. It's also totally unfair as well because of the reasons already mentioned. Obviously law students (or whatever) will be able to write a better essay than maths students. Personally I thought the course material was vague and patronising as well.

I ended up not going to the exams and getting a 0. Didn't affect my MSc applications at all. I even had interviews at Warwick and Oxford and none of them mentioned it. They don't care, nor do I, and why should we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    This sums it up for me.

LSE100 ends up being general studies at LSE. Nobody respects it. It's also totally unfair as well because of the reasons already mentioned. Obviously law students (or whatever) will be able to write a better essay than maths students. Personally I thought the course material was vague and patronising as well.

I ended up not going to the exams and getting a 0. Didn't affect my MSc applications at all. I even had interviews at Warwick and Oxford and none of them mentioned it. They don't care, nor do I, and why should we?
    awesome. i've got the S2 due in <24 hours and i've been wondering if i should torture myself with the lectures because i don't have notes. i won't bother than.

to be fair, i though Module 3 - the Cold War - was fairly interesting; or at least the sources were.

nationalism is bull imho and climate change is kinda draggy

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked LSE100 when I did it. If you read TSR for too long it sounds like you're put in a gulag for two hours a week.

It's popular to knock, but it's really not that bad, readers of TSR.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.