Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

In section B (the essay questions- 25 markers) i am aware that you have to use the texts and quote them.. How do you do this?

Sometimes the text give you hints on what intervention types you can talk about in the essay.. I read these and then talk about the intervention types.
    However, what do you actually need to do to make reference to the data? (as the mark scheme says)

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestfriends33)
    Hi,

In section B i am aware that you have to use the texts and quote them.. How do you do this?

Sometimes the text give you hints on what intervention types you can talk about in the essay.. I read these and then talk about the intervention types.
    However, what do you actually need to do to make reference to the data? (as the mark scheme says)

Thank you
    Ideally you need to quote two significant features on the graph/diagram and compare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Ideally you need to quote two significant features on the graph/diagram and compare.
    Yes.. but I mean for part D.. the essay 25 markers.. How do you involve the texts in your essay answer?

If for example the text said: "some may argue that a subsidy would be good at reducing prices"
    ..Could I simple just say in my answer: One way the goverrnment could intervene is by using a subsidy, "a subsidy would be good at reducing prices" meaning consumers can afford it.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.