Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone got any offers for pharmacy for sunderland university. I am in lowe sixth and want to study pharmacy in either sunderland ir cardiff university. How much competition is there for pharmacy at sunderland university? Thanks!!! :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    i go to sunderland to do pharmacy
    i got a scholarship to do pharmacy there and its great but really hard.
    Most people i know got ABB
    there are a lot of malaysian and canadian students (about 50%) like most pharmacy schools.
    we have 5 placements in our first year - 3 community and 2 hospital
    There is a lot of work to do, its hard to have a night off.

We have one exam at the end of each term, we have one written exam thats about 4/5 hours at the end of the year and coursework

Sunderland accommodation (Especially The Forge is the best ive seen and only 84 a week!!)

i am also the British Pharmaceutical Student Association rep for sunderland first years so i can tell you a lot more if you or anyone else would like to know!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes i am really looking for a career in pharmacy. I didnt get the best GcsE results ( 2B,5C and a D) but i am really commited to my a levels and am hoping to do well. Im studying chemistry,biology, psychology and law. For pharmacy do you think i should be taking Psychology onto A2 with chem an bio or should i take Law? Or wouldnt it make a difference? Thanks ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy.monkey)
    Yes i am really looking for a career in pharmacy. I didnt get the best GcsE results ( 2B,5C and a D) but i am really commited to my a levels and am hoping to do well. Im studying chemistry,biology, psychology and law. For pharmacy do you think i should be taking Psychology onto A2 with chem an bio or should i take Law? Or wouldnt it make a difference? Thanks ;-)

ask the school of pharmacy if they have a preference but if it helps i done psychology in A2 and got an A

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!! Psychology is a great subject but some of the case studies are really hard to remember :-0. How much harder is chemistry in pharmacy school than in a level. Im finding unit 1 quite tough but i think i got at least a B in it in the exam

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.