Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i'm writing this in OOC (out of character to new members) and I remember Zaliack bringing up a fantastic idea about member's writing a description about their country with interesting facts/their political and cultural philosophies to help other members learn a little something.

I'm just now wondering how much support this idea would have? It could help bolster activity and it definitely sounds like something i'd been keen on getting involved with to learn something new about the other nations in the MUN. And by this, I don't mean copy and pasting the Wikipedia entry

Perhaps this could come in the form a thread composed by the Secretary/Deputy Secretary General that can become stickied? (i.e. permanently on the list of MUN threads) Ideas?

(Original post by zaliack)
    x

I don't mind writing about Russia and I could give Spain a shot... just depends on whether Birchington wants it done for all countries in which case, for those without reps, someone is going to be doing a lot of work

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tehFrance)
      I don't mind writing about Russia and I could give Spain a shot... just depends on whether Birchington wants it done for all countries in which case, for those without reps, someone is going to be doing a lot of work
      Haha that is true! But I assume, for now, those countries that do have reps could get descriptions, we'll have to decide what happens to the rest, i'd be happy to write a dozen or so for the vacant members.

I think the main point of this, apart from having a bit of a laugh, would be to make each seat seem as unique and important as the next to make filling the less-known countries a fun challenge rather than 'Damn, I wish I was representing [enter superpower here]'

ReputationRep:
      Any one else like this idea?

ReputationRep:
      Sounds good i'll be happy to give the UK/NZ a play with

ReputationRep:
      I like the idea, and I wouldn't mind writing some for unfilled seats.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap

ReputationRep:
      Is this a feasible idea?

(Original post by Birchington)
      x
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Great idea. It's coming, I'm working on wiki templates at the moment.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Birchington)
      Great idea. It's coming, I'm working on wiki templates at the moment.
      Excellent. Sorry, i'm making you a busy man with all these suggestions haha.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
      Excellent. Sorry, i'm making you a busy man with all these suggestions haha.
      It's what he's there for. :whip:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by thunder_chunky)
      It's what he's there for. :whip:
      True true. I guess at heart i'm a constitutional reformer and consequently, should be a Liberal Democrat, but alas, no.

ReputationRep:
      The US is number 1; there is nothing more to discuss.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kiss)
      The US is number 1; there is nothing more to discuss.
      You sound like Rakas and how he used to portray Sweden. In every thread, it was 'Sweden considers [enter country name here] inferior and will thus look down its nose at said nation'

Somehow I don't think this is how Sweden approaches its foreign policy.

But your description is 100% accurate.

ReputationRep:
      So i'm writing this in OOC (out of character to new members) and I remember Zaliack bringing up a fantastic idea about member's writing a description about their country with interesting facts/their political and cultural philosophies to help other members learn a little something.

I'm just now wondering how much support this idea would have? It could help bolster activity and it definitely sounds like something i'd been keen on getting involved with to learn something new about the other nations in the MUN. And by this, I don't mean copy and pasting the Wikipedia entry

Perhaps this could come in the form a thread composed by the Secretary/Deputy Secretary General that can become stickied? (i.e. permanently on the list of MUN threads) Ideas?
      This is an excellent idea which I hinted on in my manifesto - this can become part of the mentoring scheme which I intend to set up soon, especially around this time as there's new members joining the MUN everyday following our recent rollcall.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RoryS)
      This is an excellent idea which I hinted on in my manifesto - this can become part of the mentoring scheme which I intend to set up soon, especially around this time as there's new members joining the MUN everyday following our recent rollcall.
      Fantastic!

Have you been given your prided powers yet?

ReputationRep:
      You sound like Rakas and how he used to portray Sweden. In every thread, it was 'Sweden considers [enter country name here] inferior and will thus look down its nose at said nation'

Somehow I don't think this is how Sweden approaches its foreign policy.

But your description is 100% accurate.
      Except Sweeden is puny and weak; the US is magnificent.

ReputationRep:
      Fantastic!

Have you been given your prided powers yet?
      Yes I have, only just getting used to it! There are some issues though, which I'm trying to resolve with a Mod now

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RoryS)
      Yes I have, only just getting used to it! There are some issues though, which I'm trying to resolve with a Mod now
      Clearly the best part about having Assistance powers is that you get a bigger picture than the average member like me

ReputationRep:
      Clearly the best part about having Assistance powers is that you get a bigger picture than the average member like me
      Most definitely, I've not explored that bit yet though!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RoryS)
      Most definitely, I've not explored that bit yet though!
      Being able to see the MUN/MHoC Recycle bin is pretty good at times.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.