Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Free time means I can do this for germany.

History, political philosophy, news sources I know but the others I am unsure of because Germany only commits in self defense or part of her EU/NATO obligations
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Free time means I can do this for germany.

History, political philosophy, news sources I know but the others I am unsure of because Germany only commits in self defense or part of her EU/NATO obligations
    It doesn't have to be massively detailed, just a rough overview. Wikipedia might help for some of the obscure stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    It doesn't have to be massively detailed, just a rough overview. Wikipedia might help for some of the obscure stuff.
    I am concentrating on post 1949, mainly West Germany but will mention East Germany
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    I am concentrating on post 1949, mainly West Germany but will mention East Germany
    Post-1990 would probably be more helpful TBH, as the descriptions are designed to be an overview of the state in 2013 rather than a history lesson. Feel free to mention reunification etc. for context if you like.

ReputationRep:
    Post-1990 would probably be more helpful TBH, as the descriptions are designed to be an overview of the state in 2013 rather than a history lesson. Feel free to mention reunification etc. for context if you like.
    The whole architecture dates back to 1949 though, 1955 NATO, 1951 ECSC, 1957 EEC etc

Germany pursued a policy to move a way from its past, Integration etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to get this project completed by the end of June so that all MUN positions have good descriptions on the wiki.

Please can people head here to have a look at outstanding descriptions and PM me the following:
    *Intro to the country/position
    *Allies/Enemies
    *Fun facts
    *Political philosophy
    *Useful news sources

Once exams are over, hopefully we can crack on with getting the descriptions completed. Don't worry about formatting the descriptions you send in.
    I've got exams at the moment which is when I procrastinate the most so I'm up for helping with these as much as I can.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see this project hasn't withered away just yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    I'm glad to see this project hasn't withered away just yet
    Me too!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I really want to see it completed as it's much needed to hopefully boost debating and activity.

ReputationRep:
    I'll do Bahamas once my exams are over

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My first act as representative for Serbia will be to write a profile for you then

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind doing one for Iceland.

ReputationRep:
    i can now do one for Russia and NZ [unless tehfrance has already done russia?] where are these things anyway id like to see a template of how to lay it out.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Can people send their country descriptions to me ASAP. I don't want much, just a short bit of info about your position to help new members.

Head over to the wiki for some examples.

ReputationRep:
    For TMD, if you're even slightly interested in keeping this idea going, it could be good to collate it with the MUN positions page somehow
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Added new one for China. Let me know what you think and if you want more information on it.

Love the French one. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Added new one for China. Let me know what you think and if you want more information on it.

Love the French one. :rofl:
    Oh dear :rolleyes:

I'll get onto writing a new French one soon haha.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Oh dear :rolleyes:

I'll get onto writing a new French one soon haha.
    With appropriate flag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    With appropriate flag?
    Always thought the red and blue got in the way
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Always thought the red and blue got in the way
    :ahee:

It's very minimalist and to the point (of retreat).

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.