Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im doing 4 AS levels: math,physics,french and philosophy and ethics. i find it really hard to study independently for all my subjects. can anyone give me advice on how i should? not only for physics but all of my other subjects

ReputationRep:
    French would probably be the most straightforward: read more French to increase your vocabulary. Also, go over the grammar learnt - practise writing sentences using the different tenses, particularly the newer, more advanced tenses.

For maths make sure you finish off all the questions you are set in class. If you don't finish them in class, do them in frees/at home. If there are more questions in the section that you weren't set, do those as well! Personally, however, I Would say only do this for maths if you are struggling. If you understand the work and are ok with it, then maybe don't look back at it until nearer the exam. Maths textbooks tend to have review sections, or exam exercises. Use these as extra practise. The key to success with maths, particularly at A level, is to do as many practise questions as you can really.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.