The Student Room Group

Law a2 revision

Hiyaa,

I really need help with ways to revise Law, for my exams coming up, ive tried a few ways but i need a better one!:smile:
If anyone has one I'd also be gratefull for seeing it!
Reply 2
Are you doing AQA? I could help you with LAW2 and LAW3

By the way, is the specification the same as last year for these papers or has it changed in any way?
Original post by htotheizzo
Are you doing AQA? I could help you with LAW2 and LAW3

By the way, is the specification the same as last year for these papers or has it changed in any way?

I am doing AQA - don't think the specification has changed at all in the last year other than to include the change from Provocation to Loss of Control (unless that happened before last year)

Any help would be greatly appreciated for both units 2 and 3!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Gallifreyan95
I am doing AQA - don't think the specification has changed at all in the last year other than to include the change from Provocation to Loss of Control (unless that happened before last year)

Any help would be greatly appreciated for both units 2 and 3!

What do you need help on? Anything in particular?
Reply 5
Follow a 6 point plan to studying:
1. read before class on the topic next class will be about
2. complete any homework revising the last classes materials
3. attend class and make notes
4. reread after the class and add/complete your notes
5. break these down in to manageable notes/revision cards to use in future

Then:
Depends what kind of learner you are. Some ideas:
Auditory learner: record your notes on to dictaphone and listen to them; form a study group to discuss that weeks topics; form a study group to test each other orally from q and a books/ multiple choice questiosn found in companion websites for many set texts
Visual learner: Copy out your notes and use colour code to highlight things making the page as interesting as possible so when you close your eyes you can picture the page and think about the info on it; place cue cards with case names around your learning environment/home. For example a case name on a post it above the kettle, on the firdge, another on the back of the bathroom door. Any time you see it stop and think about the facts of the case; allocate topics to your fingers so when you wiggle a finger the topic comes to mind - extend to other body parts - they cant remove the body parts in an exam
Active learner: walk around the room allocating cases/legal principles for one area of law to items in a room, so the living room could be contract law for example, the armchair carlill, the sofa fisher v bell and so on. Allocate a new room for a new topic. If you go out walking or jogging allocate an area of law to a particular street, then items such as postboxes are case. The idea behind these methods is that you can close your eyes in an exam and visualise the environment and in turn recall the cases etc. Good luck!
Original post by htotheizzo
What do you need help on? Anything in particular?

I suppose knowing which cases are really key for each area - we have to learn something around 6 for Assault alone and I'd rather I could narrow it down to two for such a small area of unit 3

Original post by LegalEase
Active learner: walk around the room allocating cases/legal principles for one area of law to items in a room, so the living room could be contract law for example, the armchair carlill, the sofa fisher v bell and so on. Allocate a new room for a new topic. If you go out walking or jogging allocate an area of law to a particular street, then items such as postboxes are case. The idea behind these methods is that you can close your eyes in an exam and visualise the environment and in turn recall the cases etc. Good luck!

Now thats an idea I've never tried before - but it sounds very interesting! Ill definitely be trying it out Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest