Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I cannot revise - I just don't care anymore Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well as the title says really, I have exams starting on the 15th and after failing last year at A levels when I worked my arse off, I lack any motivation! I just want to sit and read my own books, not school work. I just don't care. I want to be happy not stressed revising, this stress in the passed has flared up my OCD, to a severe state and has given me weekly panic attacks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm failing to see real point of thread....

ReputationRep:
    well if you worked hard last year, you'll know the content pretty well already so it won't be as hard for you this year.

ReputationRep:
    Put a picture of where you want to be in a few years on your wall eg uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sort of know that feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sexy!egs)
    Well as the title says really, I have exams starting on the 15th and after failing last year at A levels when I worked my arse off, I lack any motivation! I just want to sit and read my own books, not school work. I just don't care. I want to be happy not stressed revising, this stress in the passed has flared up my OCD, to a severe state and has given me weekly panic attacks!
    I'm sure there are load of people feeling like this and I felt like this for a bit but your lucky as at least you have a second chance. You worked hard last time but failed but whose to say you won't suceed this time also this time you know the format/ what to expect sort of. There is plenty of time to relax after alevels just try really hard, its so easy to give up on yoruself especially when there is loads to do but you are stronger than that

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly how I feel, I am especially stressed due to the added pressure of having to meet uni offers. But ultimately, in order to summon the necessary motivation to do well, you have to remind yourself that by doing little or no work, you will be doing yourself a great injustice. At the end of the day, there's only a few months left of school, and if you work to the best of your ability, at least then you can say you tried your best, and knowing you tried as hard you could, even if you don't do as well as you'd like, should give you some peace of mind, whereas doing nothing will probably stress you out more.

Good luck with your A-Levels and I'm sorry you're feeling this way!

ReputationRep:
    OP I know how you feel. This is absolute bull****, Life is too much worrying about education. I was predicted UUE FML No hope what so ever I ****ed over last year I know I have over one week till my exam first exam on 15th like you: economics & (other subject cant even remember) no motivation, I really just cant be bothered to work anymore, we have not even been taught correctly and everyone just says the same thing "read the book"

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean but listen up, same thing happened to me last year but since september i've been studying so much that now my predicted grades are ABB and ive applied for politics & I/R at 4 different unis! Keep your hopes up and study!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got 6 exams...I'm screwed

ReputationRep:
    Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. There is light at the end of the tunnel, be strong and tough it out.

ReputationRep:
    Just try and find out what works for you. Maybe a schedule that you make yourself stick to, or just find a time of day that you can feel most motivated to work at. For me it's late at night, which everyone says is the worst time, but it works for me.
    Also, try and remove all distractions, if that means sitting in the spare room with no phone or laptop, so be it. Just focus.
    You've learnt the hard way that this won't get you anywhere. Don't stress about revising, and definitely don't stress about stressing!

On a side note, if it's all too much already, I'm maybe thinking that uni isn't for you.

ReputationRep:
    I've been feeling like that for the past few months, although I passed my A-Level first time. Just plough through it, you'll eventually get there. I'm having to do that for these Jan exams coming because you mean nothing in the world without qualifications (Without sounding mean). I work in retail atm and definitely do NOT want to do this for the rest of my life. Think of university and the diverse ppl you will meet there

ReputationRep:
    How many years left for you to finish the school? Just don't give up so easily, at least finish the school. I know some people who hated school but after some time had to go back to adult learning centres to get basic education. Honestly, it's much easier to learn at school in the UK compared to the education system where I came from You don't have to go to uni, you could choose higher education at college or start an apprenticeship to get experience needed to get a job you like.

Just do not give up again for all the hard work you've put during all those years

ReputationRep:
    I can kinda relate to this,
    lack of motivation and my exams start on the 9th =/
    No uni's have got back to me yet so kinda feeling a little unwanted aha. I know its super silly.
    Still revising my arse off - (not that it feels like anything is sinking in)
    But the hope of Uni in sept is pushing me a little...

Feel better soon x

ReputationRep:
    WOOO OP, GO ON KICK SOME REVISION BUTT!! :borat:

YeAHHH, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU REALLY CAN WOOOO YEAHHH!!!! DON'T DO THINGS BY HALF MEASURES!!

WOOOOOOO, c'mon, WORK THAT REVISION BRAIN, YOU *CAN* DO IT YEAHHHH

motivation. :hugs:

:h:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wild Youth)
    WOOO OP, GO ON KICK SOME REVISION BUTT!! :borat:

YeAHHH, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU REALLY CAN WOOOO YEAHHH!!!! DON'T DO THINGS BY HALF MEASURES!!

WOOOOOOO, c'mon, WORK THAT REVISION BRAIN, YOU *CAN* DO IT YEAHHHH

motivation. :hugs:

:h:
    My motivation was to finish damn school as soon as possible with good grades Even though my best grade was like B in English exam, the rest were like C's and D's in biology, history etc. Now I really want to come back to school

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, I know the feeling and no it isn't a very good one. Just think about it this way...in a few weeks time you'll be able to read your own books and wake up late and go where you like without fitting revision slots in. It's worth the wait. You just have a tiny little hurdle called 'exam period' that you need to cross...after that, you're free (temporarily).

I am in EXACTLY the same position as you but the important thing is to pick yourself up for the time being and face these exams with the knowledge that after that you can relax as much as you like. It'll be over before you know it so must stick it out.

ReputationRep:
    Every human has the choice between what's right and what's easy.

The great ones choose what's right.

^Or something like that

ReputationRep:
    Name:  never-quit2.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  69.4 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.