Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I cannot revise - I just don't care anymore Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. It's the worst thing that can happen when you don't care anymore because that's 100% of your motivation gone. Lucky for me I lived in London so I used to take the bus to UCL, Imperial, King's etc for motivation. It worked . However I was doing quite well anyway. Now that I'm at university things are closer to your situation. I am struggling really badly, have no friends at university and have generally lost the will to keep battling on. And where's my motivation now? University was supposed to be the best time of my life and past that its''s just a dull job, and I am not massively motivated by money hence why I have lost interest. I am going to leave as soon as I get my January loan installment. I have thought about it and I think it happens because people rush things. I rushed into university just because it was the "thing people my age do" without reflecting on why I was going and what I wanted to attain. You retook your A levels soon after failing the first time so there was no space to reflect on reasons for doing it and motivate yourself to get through it. You're just doing it because "it has to be done" so to speak. I truly believe that if I leave university, take a year or so out to gain a passion for my subject and just focus on achieving my chosen career I will do better. Previously I just ran into university because "everyone was" and I wanted some friends. So if it's possible just leave your studies and come back in the future when you are more ready and motivated rather than just rushing it now.

ReputationRep:
    I don't bother revising for weeks and weeks before exams, tried it years ago and didn't remember anything so now I just make notes and read them over the night before so they are fresh in my memory. Worked throughout GCSE and A-Level revision and hopefully will work for end-tests for modules next week!

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel op I have a few rejections from the unis i've applied to which was quite devastating tbh. I really cbf to do anything these days but I know that I've worked so so hard to get to this stage, and I really don't want to just fritter away all that hard work because of a few months of inconvenience. Just hang in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard)
    I know how you feel op I have a few rejections from the unis i've applied to which was quite devastating tbh. I really cbf to do anything these days but I know that I've worked so so hard to get to this stage, and I really don't want to just fritter away all that hard work because of a few months of inconvenience. Just hang in there.
    Damn girl, your sleeping pattern is really messed up =P

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you guys need too loosen up with some... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    I know how you feel. It's the worst thing that can happen when you don't care anymore because that's 100% of your motivation gone. Lucky for me I lived in London so I used to take the bus to UCL, Imperial, King's etc for motivation. It worked . However I was doing quite well anyway. Now that I'm at university things are closer to your situation. I am struggling really badly, have no friends at university and have generally lost the will to keep battling on. And where's my motivation now? University was supposed to be the best time of my life and past that its''s just a dull job, and I am not massively motivated by money hence why I have lost interest. I am going to leave as soon as I get my January loan installment. I have thought about it and I think it happens because people rush things. I rushed into university just because it was the "thing people my age do" without reflecting on why I was going and what I wanted to attain. You retook your A levels soon after failing the first time so there was no space to reflect on reasons for doing it and motivate yourself to get through it. You're just doing it because "it has to be done" so to speak. I truly believe that if I leave university, take a year or so out to gain a passion for my subject and just focus on achieving my chosen career I will do better. Previously I just ran into university because "everyone was" and I wanted some friends. So if it's possible just leave your studies and come back in the future when you are more ready and motivated rather than just rushing it now.
    Feel bad ): What university are you at man & what are you studying? Dont worry about these phucking friends crap. Dont worry I got so many haters just for playing video games and being an intelligent boy who was lazy, everyone hating on my because I had integrity inside me, the nice kid. But it this way at least we are not being stupid idiots and I know that sound stupid its what's keeping me alive, do what you got to do go in overdrive mode think you are the king of the world. I have no flipping future (in terms of enjoyment), I have one week to get my results, that one week to revise, was not taught anything, teachers thought I was a failure and I am going to prove them wrong. Put it this way, get a haircut new one, change your clothes to who you want to be, dont give a phuck what anyone wants to say, watch a TV Program with money let that motivate you, I did that. Then listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzSbxp2cW_A
    go into a club start dancing, disregarding everything (since you got nothing to lose) and concentrate on education. Friends come and go.

If I was you I would finish my year at university, not after Jan exams but wait till the end of the course. Then after think do you really wan't to come back? You may make a mistake bro.

ReputationRep:
    Thought this question would suit in this thread. I left a previous course now am at a different uni and completely non related course. I have not been as motivated and feel constantly physically sick. I have 48 topics still to do for exams the 8th to 22nd January. Have done 16 topics I think so far. Having trouble committing it to memory. Anyone else moved uni and course like me find this and did this feeling go away? I have taken breaks between revision sessions but am not enthusiastic one bit.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    I'll start off by saying that I'm currently in year 12 and I'm studying chemistry, biology, maths and english literature.
    I have been interested in becoming a dentist since year 9 and
    I have a lot of work experience to back this up
    - 2 weeks at a dental practice - with a variety of ethnicity groups patients
    - ongoing work experience at a private dental clinic
    - work experience at a dental clinic in czech republic

Im hoping to get AAAc in my A-Levels (definitely retaking my maths core 1 this june!!) And also take the UKCAT test in summer.
    My GCSE grades - however - are not the best :

Biology - A
    Physics - B
    Chemistry - C
    Maths - B
    English Literature - B
    English Language - B
    Health and Social Care - B and C
    Czech - A*
    Expressive Arts - C

My hobbies are volleyball, reading criminology books,
    May I add that English is not my first language.

My questions to you guys are:

Are any of you in a similar situation?
    Will any universities consider giving me an offer?
    Can I retake an as exam in year 12 and get away with it?

I am really worried because I dont have much knowledge on this topic, and I moved to England 5 years ago so neither my parents nor I know much about the whole ''applying to uni'' stuff...

Any help will be much appreciated!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    "Don't sacrifice what you want MOST for what you want now."

Want a fit body, refuse the temptation of fatty foods.
    Want a good happy relationship, don't date a guy just for the sake of dating.
    Want to get into a good uni, stop procrastination and start working your butt off.

Once you start and get into the revision you will realise that you know more than you think and that it isn't all that horrible. Keep your eyes on the prize.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und3niable_)
    I've been feeling like that for the past few months, although I passed my A-Level first time. Just plough through it, you'll eventually get there. I'm having to do that for these Jan exams coming because you mean nothing in the world without qualifications (Without sounding mean). I work in retail atm and definitely do NOT want to do this for the rest of my life. Think of university and the diverse ppl you will meet there
    See this is what I'm worried about. So many people are saying this but then I know a woman he screwed up her a levels and got awful grades and now she's an events manager and loves it! Needless to say she doesn't have a degree. Also if I want to work in film a degree would only slow me down :/ knowing what to do is the issue, I don't want to regret.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    try killing yourself

ReputationRep:
    wreked

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.