The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

MORSE no offer or interview, YET

Hi, basically I've heard that some people have had interviews for MORSE already and even offers and I'm a little bit concerned as I have not received either.

On the prospectus i think it said they interview about half of candidates so what I'm trying to work out is that if I'm not having an interview then why haven't i already been declined / accepted.

If it helps i achieved AAABB at AS and am predicted A*AA - I think that makes me a bog standard candidate but hey what do I know !

Any replies appreciated, there must be other people in this situation, and many thanks for reading :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lduike
Hi, basically I've heard that some people have had interviews for MORSE already and even offers and I'm a little bit concerned as I have not received either.

On the prospectus i think it said they interview about half of candidates so what I'm trying to work out is that if I'm not having an interview then why haven't i already been declined / accepted.

If it helps i achieved AAABB at AS and am predicted A*AA - I think that makes me a bog standard candidate but hey what do I know !

Any replies appreciated, there must be other people in this situation, and many thanks for reading :smile:

There's no real way to know how they do it, they don't do everyone at once. The fact that who haven't heard anything doesn't really mean anything, even if other people have.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Thanks for replying, i thought that but i was just wondering if there was a known way it works and trying to workout the logic behind the interviews.
Reply 3
whats morse? i know for maths, several friends are still waiting and for chem two have offers or maybe interviews
Reply 4
MORSE stands for maths operational reasurch statistics and economics MMORSE being the masters version
Reply 5
Hey, I can only tell you what I know as an applicant this year!

I sent my application off 11th October, had an interview 28th November. There were about 30 of us, and I know there was one session a week before and at least one week after. They sent me a letter to say they would let us know of the outcome in 4-5 weeks time (yet to hear, *gulp*).

I suspect their holding a few back for a few interview sessions after the 15th deadline, so I wouldn't worry unnecessarily! You're results were similar to everyone else at my session.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help much!
Reply 6
Ok thanks allot has put my mind at rest, may i also ask how the interview was just in case i get one...
Reply 7
Sure, the first thing is that it's not a 'proper' interview. It's assumed there is a very high chance you get an offer, they just want to make sure that you know what the course is and make sure that you do want to study it. Having said that, my interview didn't go to well, so I dunno what's going to happen. However most interviews went alright though.

They ask things like 'What do you know about the course?', 'Why this course?', 'Any plan's for the future?', and because I focused on my wanting to specialize in stats he asked 'What is Statistics?' which I had absolutely no way of explaining. Just make sure you read up on the course, that's all I can really say.

Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by bestbarbar
Sure, the first thing is that it's not a 'proper' interview. It's assumed there is a very high chance you get an offer, they just want to make sure that you know what the course is and make sure that you do want to study it. Having said that, my interview didn't go to well, so I dunno what's going to happen. However most interviews went alright though.

They ask things like 'What do you know about the course?', 'Why this course?', 'Any plan's for the future?', and because I focused on my wanting to specialize in stats he asked 'What is Statistics?' which I had absolutely no way of explaining. Just make sure you read up on the course, that's all I can really say.

Good luck!

I'm hoping for an interview for MMORSE :smile:

I don't think Warwick will reject you because you can't explain what statistics is though. I think they just wanted to check you aren't an axe-wielding murderer.
Reply 9
Original post by bestbarbar
Hey, I can only tell you what I know as an applicant this year!

I sent my application off 11th October, had an interview 28th November. There were about 30 of us, and I know there was one session a week before and at least one week after. They sent me a letter to say they would let us know of the outcome in 4-5 weeks time (yet to hear, *gulp*).

I suspect their holding a few back for a few interview sessions after the 15th deadline, so I wouldn't worry unnecessarily! You're results were similar to everyone else at my session.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help much!

I am just curious as to your A-level predictions/subjects, as I sent my application ff on October 10th, and haven't heard a thing, apart from them "receiving my offer". I have other offers, but I just want to know if I'm still in with a shot at Warwick or not.
Original post by TheJoshwha
I am just curious as to your A-level predictions/subjects, as I sent my application ff on October 10th, and haven't heard a thing, apart from them "receiving my offer". I have other offers, but I just want to know if I'm still in with a shot at Warwick or not.

Huh, I don't know what to tell you, your grades are pretty good, I don't know why they haven't given you an interview. They sent me two emails, one to say they received my application (Oct) and one that said not to worry if I didn't here from them (Nov). Did you get both? It may be good to double check if they did really get your application...

I got 4 A's at AS in Maths, F Maths, Chemistry and Economics, and am predicted A* in Maths and Economics, A in F Maths. I think it mentions about my 300UMS in Maths and 100UMS in FP1 in my teacher reference as well. My personal statement wasn't great though.

Congrats on your other offers, what does Cass stand for?

You may still be in with a shot, give it a month.
Reply 11
Hi I applied for MORSE as a international applicant.
I wanted to know whether anybody else did receive a letter saying that "Your application has been returned to the main office and the decision will be with you in due course"? Furthermore, several brochures about the course were included.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Thanks, they definitely have my application as they keep emailing to say"we still have your application" but I'll just wait it out and hope for the best. And the cass business school is part of city university,it has just a few business related degrees and that's it. I'll just have to wait and see!
Reply 13

Nothing yet, I had an interview on November 21st (and got a letter saying "you will receive your offer within 4/5 weeks") but nothing more since then.
Reply 15
nope no news im afraid....
Reply 16
How about now? any news?
Reply 17
don't worry, I got my interview invite (basically interview = offer) around middle of February two years ago :smile: Theres nothing to do but wait I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest