The Student Room Group

Not enjoying uni or course

Basically I'm in my first year at Brighton University. Last year when all of my friends went to uni I took a gap year and didnt do much but work and go on holiday. I hoped in my gap year i would be able to figure out what i wanted to do in university but when it came down to it i still had no idea and on clearing day i just chose any old course.

Three months in and im sinking deeper and deeper into depression. I hate my course more then i ever thought i could. I have no interest in it at all, everyone on the course (all 15 of them) isnt interested in the subject either. Im living on the Eastbourne campus of the university and its really small and the polar opposite from where i come from in London. I have no motivation to do any work and i know i wont get very far at all with the course im doing.
All i can think about is how much i hate the town/course/people and how im ruining my life by staying there. I dont know what to do. I feel i cant take another gap year, especially after paying a years fees for this uni and paying accommodation costs. I initially wanted to go to portsmouth but decided last minute that brighton would be best, which i regret. I wish i could go back to summer and choose the right uni and course for me *sigh*
Then do I left my first uni at this time of year feeling similar although the people were nice i changed uni and did an HND then topped up to a degree and was happy I would do the same .
Reply 2
Original post by abcdxyz
Basically I'm in my first year at Brighton University. Last year when all of my friends went to uni I took a gap year and didnt do much but work and go on holiday. I hoped in my gap year i would be able to figure out what i wanted to do in university but when it came down to it i still had no idea and on clearing day i just chose any old course.

Three months in and im sinking deeper and deeper into depression. I hate my course more then i ever thought i could. I have no interest in it at all, everyone on the course (all 15 of them) isnt interested in the subject either. Im living on the Eastbourne campus of the university and its really small and the polar opposite from where i come from in London. I have no motivation to do any work and i know i wont get very far at all with the course im doing.
All i can think about is how much i hate the town/course/people and how im ruining my life by staying there. I dont know what to do. I feel i cant take another gap year, especially after paying a years fees for this uni and paying accommodation costs. I initially wanted to go to portsmouth but decided last minute that brighton would be best, which i regret. I wish i could go back to summer and choose the right uni and course for me *sigh*

better to leave than spend another two and a half years miserable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending