Turn on thread page Beta

Have I calculated my marks correctly? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Was wondering if some one could help me clear this up. I've worked out my first year overall mark to be 70.0% but I have no idea if I have worked it out correctly. These are the marks I got for the eight modules I did:

82.0, 71.5, 66.8, 69.0, 68.8, 61.1, 68.1, 72.6

I have worked out the year overall mark by averaging the module marks (adding them all up and dividing by eight). Is this right? and does that equal 70.0?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Are all the modules weighted the same? All worth the same number of credits?

ReputationRep:
    We need more information. How many credits is each module worth? If every module is worth the same (i.e. 1/8th or 12.5%), then you are correct to take the average. Otherwise you need to calculate it differently (weighted average).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowzee)
    We need more information. How many credits is each module worth? If every module is worth the same (i.e. 1/8th or 12.5%), then you are correct to take the average. Otherwise you need to calculate it differently (weighted average).
    they are all worth 15 credits so all equally weighted.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Thats 70.0 rounded to one decimal place right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResultsDday)
    Thats 70.0 rounded to one decimal place right?
    Yes, which presumably gives you a First assuming that your university rounds to one decimal place?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.