Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(possibly?) no period for 2 months, but negative pregnancy tests Watch

The best way I can probably describe this problem is to go chronologically

27th October: The date of my last certain period

17th November: On this date I had sex, but he did not 'finish' inside me.

27th November: Light bleeding that lasted a few days, I don't know if this was my period or if it was not. It was VERY light.

4th Dec: Negative pregnancy test
    11th Dec: Negative pregnancy test

20 Dec: Random light bleeding again that lasted little more than a day. I think this was even lighter than the first time.

29 Dec: Negative pregnancy test

So now I'm really confused. I've had problems with irregular periods in the past, and have been to the doctors a few times (they usually just suggested that I went on the pill, but I have not taken it for 2 years now) but anyway usually I simply would not have a period, but this weird random bleeding that I don't think you can really call a period.... never really experienced that before, I don't think

And I've heard false negative pregnancy tests can be common when you take them too early, but 6 weeks after...?

I know that stress can mess with your period as well... before I started freaking out about pregnancy I was quite stressed, after that I have become EXTREMELY stressed...

ReputationRep:
    First off, relax, stress is very damaging to the body. Second, if you are truly concerned, please see your doctor. Pregnant or not, missing your period for an extended amount of time is something you want to bring up as soon as you can. I'm not trying to scare you, but if something feels wrong, please tell your doctor.

(Original post by Lila Rae)
    First off, relax, stress is very damaging to the body. Second, if you are truly concerned, please see your doctor. Pregnant or not, missing your period for an extended amount of time is something you want to bring up as soon as you can. I'm not trying to scare you, but if something feels wrong, please tell your doctor.
    Yeah true. The only thing that puts me off is that I'm abroad at the moment (will be for a long time) and just worried I won't even understand what they say to me at the doctors lol. But yeah, I will do it soon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.