Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get my hair to grow faster?!?!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have shoulder length hair ATM after my hairdresser cut it a little shorter than I'd have wanted :mad:

I don't mind it.... but how do I get my hair to grow faster so I can have my long hair back again?

Any suggestions???

ReputationRep:
    Eat lots of protein

ReputationRep:
    If you use heat styling tools a lot, stop using them/stop using them so much I stoped using my straighteners for about 3 months and my hair grew quite a lot

ReputationRep:
    Tie your hair in a braid or plait everyday. It will pull your hair bang and down toward the ground and cause your hair to grow faster. I'm just guessing this because I have done my hair in a braid pretty much all my life and only recently started doing a bun. I realised that when I did a braid for a week my hair grew longer dramatically. I've never cut my hair in my life and its currently 93cm long. Obv you don't want your hair that long but I presume a braid will help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    If you use heat styling tools a lot, stop using them/stop using them so much I stoped using my straighteners for about 3 months and my hair grew quite a lot
    might need to pose another question then: how do i style my hair straight & frizz free without my straighteners??? :confused:

if there's no alternative i might as well have shorter hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow101)
    might need to pose another question then: how do i style my hair straight & frizz free without my straighteners??? :confused:

if there's no alternative i might as well have shorter hair
    blow drying it straight provides a good result with less damage I found with a good heat protectant, the style lasted longer too

ReputationRep:
    Do not up your hair in tight braids and ponytails. That will just pull out more hair. Some tips I've heard is to massage your scalp, eat healthy and sleep on silk pillow cases. Apparently softer cases stop hairs from breaking, or something to that affect. Ideally, you should not use any heat on your hair at all.

ReputationRep:
    get laid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihihi)
    get laid

:rolleyes: Have you even read the thread title?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    blow drying it straight provides a good result with less damage I found with a good heat protectant, the style lasted longer too
    does the heat from blow drying not damage it the same as straighteners though?? my friends swear not but i'm not so sure

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress over it. That inhibits growth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    :rolleyes: Have you even read the thread title?
    If you're in bed it's warm which is good for hair growth.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest that you stop using straighteners and curlers...this will atleast let your hair repair thwmselves..im assuming u alao had split ends..then i suggest u use some treseme hair shampoo as well as the conditioner..i use this all the time and mu hair has repaired..it will also benifit your hair as your hair will grow at its owb rate...everyones hair grows at different rates..ur just going to havw to wait for a while...:-)..my hair is near my bottom and im 5'5....ive been growing my hair for 7 years now...i love my hair..

ReputationRep:
    these methods work well, not as well as hair straighteners but they get my hair pretty straight and its worth it cause they cause no damage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzWmhe5F0s4
    or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1RO-d1Z9Hs
    you cant make you hair grow any longer but a healthy diet and lots of water will generally make it healthier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow101)
    does the heat from blow drying not damage it the same as straighteners though?? my friends swear not but i'm not so sure
    it does some damage, but far less than straighteners Blow drying doesn't get up to temperatures of 230 degrees & as it lasts longer, there is less need to use it.

Or you could try some frizz free shampoo/conditioner/serum and have an up-do to cut the heat out totally

ReputationRep:
    Don't dye it, don't blow dry it, don't straighten it, don't wash it every day, don't backcomb, don't brush when it's wet.

Use oil (olive oil/coconut oil/almond oil), invest in a good sulphate free shampoo and conditioner, take multivitamins if your diet isn't particularly healthy.

That's about all you can do, though hair growth really depends on genetics - some people just can't grow past a certain length and others never care for their hair yet it's down to their waist!

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you're using good heat protection if using straighteners/dryers.
    I would just suggest that you use them as little as you can - you don't need to give up completely but surely you can deal with a little natural wave on some days?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing you do to your hair, i.e. plaiting it, straightening it etc will have any effect on how fast it grows - only on how fast it breaks / get split ends. Hair is dead once it has left your scalp - that's why having it cut doesn't hurt.

To encourage growth, you need to make sure you eat healthily and get all your vitamins, minerals and proteins. You also need to avoid stress.

ReputationRep:
    Eat your crusts!

ReputationRep:
    Trim your hair every 6 weeks as this get rids of the split ends and appears longer as split ends tend to curl upwards making your hair look shorter

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.