Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Backpacking around Europe for three months? Watch

ReputationRep:
    After posting a other question saying that my budget was going to be 1 grand. People instantly told me that wouldn't be enough so i will double that and make it 2k maybe even 2.5k. Will this ensure i get to travel around Europe for three months and still be able to see the sights.I plan to sleep in hostels and be able to go on some fun stuff.(please name some and not clubbing) Here is where i want to go and i'm going with 4 other friends(we are all bringing the same amount of money). I want to this to be an epic trip as we'll be going our separate ways(uni) so things that will make this trip great will be appreciated.
    Madrid
    Berlin
    Paris
    Athens
    Rome
    Barcelona
    Take Note:
    -Arriving to Paris with ferry or train not plane
    -we are bringing 2.5k each

ReputationRep:
    look into interailing, not sure on the longest ticket length though, it is extremely cheap.
    STA travel will be another good reliable site for booking into hostels.
    2.5k might be enough, that gives you 700 a month and a bit spare. So spend some time budgeting.
    -for food and drink, maybe 10-15 a day, of course, it could be a lot less.
    -Try and get everything to fit in your budget, with a few hundred spare, for emergencies, and souveniers, or the activities you want to try.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I'm sure wherever you go will be amazing, I notice you are only listing the common cities. Personally, I think you can often get better experiences going to some of the less common ones. Aside from being less touristy, they often less expensive. Tallinn, for example, is a beautiful city in Estonia. It is also surrounded by what was the largest national park in the old USSR (I believe), and as well as being able to see lakes, marshland, and beautiful city walls, you can also see old soviet submarine bases and buildings.

Personally, I think you can go to major cities at any time for a nice holiday... but if I were to go on a 3 month trip I would probably look at the more adventurous ones.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.