Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hithere!)
    I put something like 1.12% inflation and -$190(roughly)m
    and that it depreciated
    It's 12%, +10M and yes, it depreciated.

ReputationRep:
    How was the trade balance done then, I thought it was 5% of total exports minus 6% of total imports of India?
    And Yeah inflation I did completely wrong!
    Obviously wasn't think straight! So frustrating

ReputationRep:
    The 18 marker was a bee with an itch and a half
    My exam got interrupted for a fire alarm, not impressed.
    I talked about the 18 marker with my Econ teacher after and I told him what I did, and he said that's what he would've done so hopefully I did okay. Luckily I was pretty well learned in the rest of the paper, so fingers crossed! Hope everyone else here does well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hithere!)
    How was the trade balance done then, I thought it was 5% of total exports minus 6% of total imports of India?
    And Yeah inflation I did completely wrong!
    Obviously wasn't think straight! So frustrating
    Exports - 5% of $9800mn = 490mn
    Imports - 6% of $8000mn = 480mn

490-480 = $10mn

ReputationRep:
    that paper was dirt around 4 of the candidates just left half way through, im just hoping the grade boundaries are 5 marks for a B lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for low boundaries. The 18 marker was just so random

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    5 marks for the inflation question?! what did you guys put

ReputationRep:
    This was horrible compared to last year..I only got one of three calculations right..the essay was okay along with the comment on questions though (: Everything else was blah

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.

Just a few quick thoughts on that exam.

Pie charts. That's a first.

18-marker, little strange, nothing owing to a particular policy. My main argument was that it depends if AD is low/high and that cost-push inflation is far more dangerous than demand-pull, because it is not backed up with a sufficient increase in real GDP.

5 marks to explain how CPI is calculated. Hmm, OK.

It could have been easier and it could have been harder.

I felt as though, seeing as this syllabus has been tried and tested a number of times, they're beginning to get more "straight-to-the-point" each time.

Good luck to all who took it. Let's hope for some good results on the 7th of March.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the exam paper or just the 18 marker question?? Thanx in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.I.A)
    Can someone post the exam paper or just the 18 marker question?? Thanx in advance
    I think it was Discuss the extent to which a decrease in aggregate supply is harmful to the economy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namige)
    I think it was Discuss the extent to which a decrease in aggregate supply is harmful to the economy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 29, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.