Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hithere!)
    I put something like 1.12% inflation and -$190(roughly)m
    and that it depreciated
    It's 12%, +10M and yes, it depreciated.

ReputationRep:
    How was the trade balance done then, I thought it was 5% of total exports minus 6% of total imports of India?
    And Yeah inflation I did completely wrong!
    Obviously wasn't think straight! So frustrating

ReputationRep:
    The 18 marker was a bee with an itch and a half
    My exam got interrupted for a fire alarm, not impressed.
    I talked about the 18 marker with my Econ teacher after and I told him what I did, and he said that's what he would've done so hopefully I did okay. Luckily I was pretty well learned in the rest of the paper, so fingers crossed! Hope everyone else here does well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hithere!)
    How was the trade balance done then, I thought it was 5% of total exports minus 6% of total imports of India?
    And Yeah inflation I did completely wrong!
    Obviously wasn't think straight! So frustrating
    Exports - 5% of $9800mn = 490mn
    Imports - 6% of $8000mn = 480mn

490-480 = $10mn

ReputationRep:
    that paper was dirt around 4 of the candidates just left half way through, im just hoping the grade boundaries are 5 marks for a B lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for low boundaries. The 18 marker was just so random

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    5 marks for the inflation question?! what did you guys put

ReputationRep:
    This was horrible compared to last year..I only got one of three calculations right..the essay was okay along with the comment on questions though (: Everything else was blah

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.

Just a few quick thoughts on that exam.

Pie charts. That's a first.

18-marker, little strange, nothing owing to a particular policy. My main argument was that it depends if AD is low/high and that cost-push inflation is far more dangerous than demand-pull, because it is not backed up with a sufficient increase in real GDP.

5 marks to explain how CPI is calculated. Hmm, OK.

It could have been easier and it could have been harder.

I felt as though, seeing as this syllabus has been tried and tested a number of times, they're beginning to get more "straight-to-the-point" each time.

Good luck to all who took it. Let's hope for some good results on the 7th of March.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post the exam paper or just the 18 marker question?? Thanx in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.I.A)
    Can someone post the exam paper or just the 18 marker question?? Thanx in advance
    I think it was Discuss the extent to which a decrease in aggregate supply is harmful to the economy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namige)
    I think it was Discuss the extent to which a decrease in aggregate supply is harmful to the economy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.