Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you procrastinate? Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I like to give myself a award, like, for example, if I have a lot of ironing to do then I just say to myself that if I get it over and done with I can treat myself to some shopping or a bar of chocolate- that usually works but it's kinda bad for the wallet so I tend to tell myself to get it over and done with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am now. I don't deal with it, I end up failing. Its a vicious cycle.

ReputationRep:
    I do it all the time....i haven't found any solutions to it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    By reading this post, I'm doing it right now lol.

When I feel like I'm going to end up procrastinating whilst revising/studying I just look at the motivational poster I put on my wardrobe and remind myself why I'm revising/studying in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I do it all the time. It's really hard to deal with it sometimes...

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, yes

ReputationRep:
    Nope... though I do wonder off sometimes but I never go off task, GCSEs have allowed me to develop a somewhat beneficial, feeling guilty if you haven't revised ;P so that gets me motivated I guess, gotta be productive you know!

ReputationRep:
    I am a prolific procrastinator, mainly because I find it difficult to get concentrated enough to do extensive reading, writing and thinking.

I deal with it by putting myself in an environment which forces me to knuckle down, and with limited distractions. This of course is the library on quiet days or times (If this even exists around deadline time). Music also helps increase the length of the peroid for which I can work drastically

ReputationRep:
    Do it all the damn time, I'm doing it right now
    The amount of English Lit and Health and Social Care Revision I have to do is unreal and I usually deal with it by reminding myself that exams are soon and if I wanna pass I need to get off the computer, off the playstation, off whatever and get my head in the books! So basically I act mean to myself to get myself to do it, then when I am doing it I give myself two hours revisiing and allow a thirty min/hour break at the end to do something else then get back on it

ReputationRep:
    This place is a haven for procrastination

Most of the time if I'm avoiding doing something, I'll only get to doing when I get to the point where there is no choice but to do it.

Severely. I was going to look for a solution, but I keep putting it off :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
      No. I'm just lazy.

ReputationRep:
      I find that exercising before you start working always helps get your brain in gear and if you find that you haven't done anything useful for half an hour then get up, leave your workstation and go and do something completely different but ideally active for half an hour or so to refresh yourself

ReputationRep:
      Hell yes! Particularly when it comes to sitting down to do some study or paperwork. It amazing how many other things one can find to do instead - or even just spending time thinking about actually doing the work! :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
      I'm doing it now. I don't do anything about it either which means I have to resit module because of it so have even more exams. I'm going to have to go to the library tomorrow and leave my purse at home so that I have nothing else to do but revise.

ReputationRep:
      'Procrastination' was literally the first thing I ever learnt at university. I moved into halls and met this Swedish guy in the kitchen who was talking about 'procrastination'. So I asked him what it meant and he told me. And yes i did end up procrastinating a lot at university. Ironic really.

ReputationRep:
      I do but it's not gonna happen after jan exams.

ReputationRep:
      sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

ReputationRep:
      Well, why else would I be on here?

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2013
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.