Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so my little bro is in year 10 right now and at a not very well known private tutor college in London (he got bullied at previous private school so had to move). He would like to move to a normal school in sixth form, and is thinking about both boarding and day schools. We live in Notting Hill in W London. He's very academic (on track for all A*s at GCSE) and loves cricket and football. The list of schools at the moment is:

St Paul's
    Latymer Upper
    Westminster

Winchester
    Eton
    Wellington

Please let me know whether there would be any others to try out for which are similar to these, thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Most of the London boarding and day schools for both single and mixed sex hold high reputations. I would personally consider looking into single sex schools as the focus is more on teaching and learning and working together rather than a more free range social allowance with mixed sex schools.

What is your brother looking to study?

ReputationRep:
    Latin, English, Maths and Biology.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    bully the people who bully your brother just moving school isn't the option i wouldn't i would deal with those people lol and I was thinking Eton maybe latymer was best i was also thinking i can't sit down and revise it sounds stupid but i don't know why I cant
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishrose_18)
    Hey, so my little bro is in year 10 right now and at a not very well known private tutor college in London (he got bullied at previous private school so had to move). He would like to move to a normal school in sixth form, and is thinking about both boarding and day schools. We live in Notting Hill in W London. He's very academic (on track for all A*s at GCSE) and loves cricket and football. The list of schools at the moment is:

St Paul's
    Latymer Upper
    Westminster

Winchester
    Eton
    Wellington

Please let me know whether there would be any others to try out for which are similar to these, thanks

Why are you doing this? Shouldn't your brother be asking the questions?

Why are you deciding his future for him? He needs to stand on his own feed and make choices on his own!!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with Eton or Winchester- My brother goes to Eton and apparently you can't apply for sixth form because everybody starts in year 9. Or something like that. Plus it's really pretentious and stuck-up, so it's not the best if you're looking for a 'normal' school

And why doesn't your brother decide for himself? I'm just curious
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammar husain)
    Hi,
    bully the people who bully your brother just moving school isn't the option i wouldn't i would deal with those people lol and I was thinking Eton maybe latymer was best i was also thinking i can't sit down and revise it sounds stupid but i don't know why I cant
    Look at my reply to the thread and you'll see why Eton's not so great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishrose_18)

St Paul's
    Latymer Upper
    Westminster

Winchester
    Eton
    Wellington

None of these are normal schools, I could only dream about going to one of them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.