Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I'm a mature student (33) and am applying for MH courses but want to start in Sept 2014. I work full time at the moment so need to get finances in order before I start the course. I know the course is full time but can anyone one tell me if there is a possibility of working part time whilst doing the course (eg bank work, part time health care assistant work etc)

My last question is - are there any ways of getting sponsored to do nursing or equivalent if you are already in a volunteer/ health care role for the NHS?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whatsername79)
    Hi everyone

I'm a mature student (33) and am applying for MH courses but want to start in Sept 2014. I work full time at the moment so need to get finances in order before I start the course. I know the course is full time but can anyone one tell me if there is a possibility of working part time whilst doing the course (eg bank work, part time health care assistant work etc)

My last question is - are there any ways of getting sponsored to do nursing or equivalent if you are already in a volunteer/ health care role for the NHS?

Thanks
    As with any course, yes there is the possibility of working part time. however working on the bank or with agencies doesn't tend to happen unless you have previous experience or have completed your first year of the course.

As for sponsorships they don't really tend to happen anymore due to the lack of funding in the NHS and health services in general. A secondment may be an option but it would simply be a case of them keeping you on their bank list whilst you study and then having a guaranteed job waiting when you qualify

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.