Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I started this thread for people like myself to place their general questions on Physics. Michio Kaku's " Physics of the Imposiible" made me interested in Physics. Alas I do not have the knowledge of Math that is required to study it.

According to the Moore's Law, ( every 18 month our computing power doubles) But silicon based chips are limited. And its estimated that by 2020 we will develop a chip that is 3 atoms across. At which point we wont be able to trace neutrinos in the chip.
    Can someone explain why neutrino goes missing at that point and what role neutrinos play in a processing chip?

Also Quantum entanglement (according to quantum mechanics , their shared state is indefinite until measured. Its a form of quantum superposition) But what puzzles me is that any changes in the state of one of the paired molecule, affects the state of the other instantaniously no matter how far apart they are. Would this mean in quantum world information can travel faster than the speed of light?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cipollino)
    Hello!
    According to the Morris Law, ( every 18 month our computing power doubles)
    I am not an expert in computer science, but do you mean Moore's Law?

(Original post by Cipollino)
    Also Quantum entanglement (according to quantum mechanics , their shared state is indefinite until measured. Its a form of quantum superposition) But what puzzles me is that any changes in the state of one of the paired molecule, affects the state of the other instantaniously no matter how far apart they are. Would this mean in quantum world information can travel than the speed of light?
    If I recall, it is and it only allows two spatially different observers to observe the same event at the same time. However, there will be no true communication between the two observers as they have no way to tell the difference between a random measurement and an altered measurement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agostino981)
    I am not an expert in computer science, but do you mean Moore's Law?
    yes, Moore's Law

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think with a transition to Quantum computers ( I know its not going to be any time soon ) will that put current Computer Science graduates at a disadvantage ?

Will languages & the fundamental principles of Computing change significantly ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.