Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    16) c ii)
    The net is 15 cm high. Explain how the spin helps the ball hit the table on the
    other side of the net.

any help plz

ReputationRep:
    Just to point out, I think people may have issues replying to your question due to lacking information. Try posting the entire question and any previously done working to get more out of your post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lopper)
    16) c ii)
    The net is 15 cm high. Explain how the spin helps the ball hit the table on the
    other side of the net.

any help plz
    I know which question you are talking about. Take a look at the Mark scheme. The spin causes the ball to be deflected upwards. By Newton 3rd law this makes an equal and opposite force act on the ball. Hence there is a greater downward resultant force acting on the ball and so greater downward acceleration of ball. The ball travels a greater downward distance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    I know which question you are talking about. Take a look at the Mark scheme. The spin causes the ball to be deflected upwards. By Newton 3rd law this makes an equal and opposite force act on the ball. Hence there is a greater downward resultant force acting on the ball and so greater downward acceleration of ball. The ball travels a greater downward distance.
    thanks

are u doing edexcel too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lopper)
    thanks

are u doing edexcel too
    yeah I do Edexcel as well. I did your question I think in last week and have done the past paper twice so far.

The paper is so hard especially the one about the train passengers and explainning why seat C is safest and the last spring question final long part. But you do learn a LOT through that paper, so we're lucky that it's available for us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    yeah I do Edexcel as well. I did your question I think in last week and have done the past paper twice so far.

The paper is so hard especially the one about the train passengers and explainning why seat C is safest and the last spring question final long part. But you do learn a LOT through that paper, so we're lucky that it's available for us!
    ya absolutely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.