Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I am quite confused by this problem question so any guidelines would be much appreciated, thanks.
    Here's the question:

1. Oscar is a keen rival of Jonnie in the javelin event of the 2012 Stratford Games. He is determined to win in the event and decides to tamper with Jonnie’s javelin by applying a substance to one side of its shaft, such that instead of going straight when it is thrown, it will veer sharply to the right. During the competition when Jonnie takes his first throw, the javelin veers unusually off course and flies into the spectator stands, narrowly missing members of the viewing crowd.

The Stratford Games take place in an area that has been compulsorily purchased by the London Games Authority. Jessica used to own a business on the site which had to move to new premises as a result of this process. She is very angry at the upheaval and blames the Games for a serious downturn in her business. The day before the Games, Jessica paints a sign on the advertising hoardings at the entrance of the Games venue. Her sign states in large letters that “Games are no fun for businesses”.

Discuss the criminal liability (if any) of Oscar and Jessica for offences under the Criminal Damage Act 1971 AND comment on whether the extent of criminal liability is appropriate in these cases.

Any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    I believe you're in the wrong place, these threads are for introductions. I'm kind of new to TSR, but I'd try posting this question in http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=80 Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for that as you can see I'm a first time user much appreciated will use the link suggested thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmarke)
    Thank you so much for that as you can see I'm a first time user much appreciated will use the link suggested thanks again
    It's no problem!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.