Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how I could get access to ER reports for free?

Aside from Bloomberg/Thomson One, both of which I don't have access to.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

You could try to rent a flat in canary warf. You then buy a telescope and zoom on the screens of analysts on the equity research floor.

Did that before my interviews. Works fine and completely free.

Best

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine they'd be easy to find. What sort of information are you looking for? Industry or firm specific? If you're looking for industry data, then a lot of consulting firms publish free reports and there are numerous industry primers circulating the web. If it's firm specific, much of the research you can do yourself will be as good as an ER report. ER reports tend to be pretty dull, uninteresting and uninsightful, but it depends what you're after.

ReputationRep:
    Specific reports or just reports in general to see how they are? If the former, it's a bit tough. Try to get on FT Alphaville's Long Room, a lot are posted there. If the latter, just go to scribd or even google and search.

ReputationRep:
    Here is one:

Don't ask for anymore, do your own homework and you can find a few (not many) since they're paid products.

http://easy.com/images/pdfs/db%20res...v%202010-1.pdf

ReputationRep:
    http://www.instutrade.com/street/

is another place, although you generally just find daily wraps rather than specific reports...I would say though that it depends on what your looking for...if your looking for examples of good research try and find the pdfs for the top 3 of sumzero's recent competition or look at value investors club...sell-side stuff really isn't that great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Hair)
    Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how I could get access to ER reports for free?

Aside from Bloomberg/Thomson One, both of which I don't have access to.
    Try investor relations sections of various companies. Some, mainly small or mid-cap actually have ER reports on their homepage. http://www.akenerji.com.tr/eng/Yatir...Raporlari.aspx for example

(Original post by Frenchous)
    Hi,

You could try to rent a flat in canary warf. You then buy a telescope and zoom on the screens of analysts on the equity research floor.

Did that before my interviews. Works fine and completely free.

Best
    since when are renting an apartment and buying a telescope "completely free" or do you know a guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KLL)
    since when are renting an apartment and buying a telescope "completely free" or do you know a guy?
    It is not "completely free" but given that through this method I have access to groundbreaking insights, I can then use these insights to systematically beat the market and generate alpha over and above the costs you mentioned making the method not only completely free but even profitable!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.