Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting IT1 for the third time this month, in my second IT1 exam WJEC had a major fail with the marking (My IT Teacher and I figured out they missed 16 marks from my paper, sent it for a remark and came back the exact same) They did not award any of the Section B marks for giving location of formulas and even failed to give me a mark where the Mark Scheme very clearly said "Award mark for mention of the following: ..., DVD, ..." . Apparently grades are poor all across the country and they are worse than the IT3 grades which is meant to be harder.Has anyone else had similar experiences with IT1? I'm losing motivation with WJEC at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    The national average on this paper last summer was a U grade, but it is possible to pass this exam quite easily, but you will only do so by memorising previous mark schemes. Btw there are no marks for location of formula in section B, you have to explain WHAT the formal does and WHY you are using it. I would also suggest that in my experience of marking the moderators get it right and the teachers don't . Good news is IT3 is far easier but still requires simple recall of previous mark schemes to guarantee high marks.

You might benefit from my app on apple store, just search for ICT and you will find it, but the key is to learn past mark schemes word for word. Any other advice is unfortunately bad advice. Crap way to learn/teach but it is the way to success on this course.

ReputationRep:
    Would you be able to give me some of the mark schemes? My teacher only gave us past papers.
    Thanks for the advice, ill give it my best. Although I'd like to look at your app I don't have an apple device, is it on the Play Store for android?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know this is an old thread, but this is exactly what happened to me, I got a D in summer 2013 & decided to resit it in January. I resat & got a U. Recalled the papers & it was just the way I worded things that lost me marks. How did the summer exam go for you in the end? Also, how did you end up revising for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    it is very possible to pass the exam, just practice past papers, memorize mark schemes and learn the most repetitive topics that is likely to turn up.

I got an E initially, in my second retake I got an A. so it is very much possible.

ik this is an old thread, but needed to give some advice

ReputationRep:
    taking this exam for the first time

im learning definitions and memorizing mark schemes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.