Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi anyone out there applied to QUB for Secondary PGCE? Any idea on interview questions? I applied for English PGCE.

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard off them yet?? I applied for PGCE Religious Studies, but not heard anything about an interview yet!

ReputationRep:
    I also applied to Queens for PGCE Science/Biology and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm glad I wasn't the only one!

ReputationRep:
    No not heard anything yet so glad I'm not the only one. I know your only given 2 weeks prior notice to the interview!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one too! I've been looking for a thread on here for weeks to find it if anyone had heard. 2 weeks doesn't seem long enough to prepare!!

ReputationRep:
    Will write on here when I get word and let people know

ReputationRep:
    When/if I get my interview I'll post here too.

No idea what they ask in these interviews. The only ever interview I've had was for a summer job in Argos. My friends sister is a teacher, and I talked to her when I was applying. I might talk to her again when/if I get my interview date.

ReputationRep:
    Received a letter from Queens today - I got an interview in less than two weeks time. Freaking out now. Lol. Wish I knew what questions to prepare

ReputationRep:
    I got my letter too, interview in just over 2 weeks! I have no idea what to expect and prepare for either, there's got to be some generic questions they ask across the PGCE board. Trying to ask around friends. Good luck for your interview DavinaS!

ReputationRep:
    Had mine on Monday they were only interviewing Maths and English. It went ok but I always think its hard to tell. Lol. Good luck for yours lolfry! It's just a waiting game now... They said they hope they should get word out at the end of march, but I doubt it will be that early. I hope it is though!

ReputationRep:
    Getting nervous bout mine, only just got a letter for Physics PGCE and it's in March...what exactly does it involve? I know i have to do a 5 minute presentation on an area of physics, but what happens after? Does it have to be GCSE, A-Level or University Level? Or all three together?

ReputationRep:
    hey i got a letter to say i have an interview for biology. has anyone any idea how the interview works? and question tips? im seriously panicing, need someone to calm me down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramd89)
    hey i got a letter to say i have an interview for biology. has anyone any idea how the interview works? and question tips? im seriously panicing, need someone to calm me down!
    CALM DOWN! I'm in the same boat, i assume that you have to do the same as me, 5 minutes about your favourite section of the science you're doing? I think after that they would then ask why you want to go teach, probably ask you some basic questions about your subject area you chose and other questions. I had a page with loads of possible questions but i failed to bookmark it, if I come across it i'll post it here for you. But calm down, the main thing is that you've got an interview! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    This may be of some interest to those who don't know what the interview is going to be like http://www.teacherstalk.co.uk/faq/pg...rview-tips.php

ReputationRep:
    In regards to the 5 minute talk about a subject area you like in your course....a lot of places are saying to directly relate that to the current KS3 and above curriculum if that's any use to anyone who's got an upcoming interview...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, sorry I'm no help to you as I'm an English graduate and done my interview mid Jan. it's gonna be such a long wait until May until we find out if we've got a place or not. Good luck with your presentations!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavinaS)
    Hi guys, sorry I'm no help to you as I'm an English graduate and done my interview mid Jan. it's gonna be such a long wait until May until we find out if we've got a place or not. Good luck with your presentations!!
    Thanks, by the way what did you have to do for your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickyfitz13)
    Thanks, by the way what did you have to do for your interview?
    Hi, I've applied to English secondary. I just had interview questions to answer that was it. Although I do find it strange because each other subject has like presentations to do. I'd rather have something like that. Have you had your interview yet? I hate waiting to get word back and I doubt it will May before we hear anything!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavinaS)
    Hi, I've applied to English secondary. I just had interview questions to answer that was it. Although I do find it strange because each other subject has like presentations to do. I'd rather have something like that. Have you had your interview yet? I hate waiting to get word back and I doubt it will May before we hear anything!!
    Davina have you applied for the Coleraine English Secondary PGCE also? I have my interview tomorrow and I am quite perturbed about the dramatic reading and written task!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mogsy87)
    Davina have you applied for the Coleraine English Secondary PGCE also? I have my interview tomorrow and I am quite perturbed about the dramatic reading and written task!
    Hi no I just applied to Queens secondary English because Coleraine is done with Media studies and was abit unsure about that. Did you apply to Queens English? I know a girl who is on the secondary English PGCE course this year so she done her interview this time last year. As far as I know it's nothin to serious your given a text and you just read it as dramatic as you can. Don't worry you'll be fine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 17, 2014
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.