Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone checked the application portal, my page still says decision pending, I'm a science PGCE applicant and last year it was February before I got a letter. Should I email them to check up on the application (check if my referees have provided reference etc)? Just getting a tiny bit worried...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_0288)
    I received an offer today from Queens for sociology, could not be happier!

Good luck everyone!
    Hi Emma, I saw that you applied for the sociology pgce and succeeded in the interview. I have my interview on Friday and was wondering if you can tell me the sort of questions they asked you? So nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadie5669)
    Hi Emma, I saw that you applied for the sociology pgce and succeeded in the interview. I have my interview on Friday and was wondering if you can tell me the sort of questions they asked you? So nervous
    Expect questions about current issues, previous experience with kids, role of a teacher. It'll be questions like that you'll come across, as for individual subjects I don't know what to expect with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you get an interview ok Micky? Thanks for the advice! Really hope they don't ask me a question that I can't answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickyfitz13)
    Expect questions about current issues, previous experience with kids, role of a teacher. It'll be questions like that you'll come across, as for individual subjects I don't know what to expect with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Micky Was just wondering do you know has anyone heard back from Queens yet after their interviews . I didnt get an interview at Coleraine for English so waiting on Queens?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paza)
    Hi Micky Was just wondering do you know has anyone heard back from Queens yet after their interviews . I didnt get an interview at Coleraine for English so waiting on Queens?
    No, not yet, we have generally been talking about it on the PGCE 2014 topic. I've emailed Claire regarding it, hopefully she'll tell me when.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickyfitz13)
    No, not yet, we have generally been talking about it on the PGCE 2014 topic. I've emailed Claire regarding it, hopefully she'll tell me when.
    Thankyou Micky

ReputationRep:
    Happu St. Patricks Day to everyone🍀

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.