Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Did anyone apply for the sociology pgce?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clairebear118)
    Hi everyone! Did anyone apply for the sociology pgce?
    Hey, yes I applied for the sociology PGCE. How did you find your interview? Is this your first year applying?

ReputationRep:
    Hey. No I'm in my final year of uni and I considered doing it for 2014 entry! Although my degree will be in psychology, I don't know how relevant it really is to sociology, did you study Sociology? I didn't want to travel overseas although they have got pgces specifically for psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I phoned Queens yesterday and they said last week they finished up any outstanding interviews that was left for anyone who couldn't attend during the main body of interviews & they haven't received there quota yet as to how many teachers will be training with them in September. They dont send any letters until they recieve that info. So, I guess we just have to keep waiting!!! They said they are expecting that info any day now but could be the end of May. I can't wait any longer feel as if my life is on hold all for this!!!!! Argh!

ReputationRep:
    Every day when I hear the post I run to see if there's any news. It's horrible. And on top of this I've got finals in like 8 days which is stressful enough as it is!

ReputationRep:
    This waiting is just awful!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm very anxious and just want to know either way. So, I phoned again yesterday and they still haven't received this years quota from the Department of Education. It's was released last year on 21st May the lady informed in. I agree this waiting is awful!!! I just hope the numbers haven't been cut anymore this year.

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you all know Queens received there quota today just after lunch time and letters will be issued next week so hopefully we will all hear word back at the end of next week. Fingers crossed!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavinaS)
    Just to let you all know Queens received there quota today just after lunch time and letters will be issued next week so hopefully we will all hear word back at the end of next week. Fingers crossed!!!!
    How'd you find that out?! Good luck btw! Really anxious now about getting that letter now >_<

ReputationRep:
    I phoned the office and the lady was delighted they had just got the numbers they were open today also didn't close for bank holiday so I'd say letters will be on there way from tomorrow on. So nervous just don't want to be disappointed again. I asked how many places there were and she said more or less the same as last year. There was 134 for all subjects so roughly 20 odd places for each subject and hundreds were interviewed. Scary thought. Good luck to you aswell. Will post on here when I get my letter. Fingers crossed!! Eeek!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder did anyone hear today...? I feel a bit sick!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard yet, will post when I get word. Sharing that sick feeling at the minute!

ReputationRep:
    Recieved this email today at 16:21

Hi Chris

We only received our quotas on Friday afternoon and so we are trying to work our way through generating the letters at the moment. I hope you will hear from us within the next number of days.

Regards

Margaret Kennedy

(applied for english btw)

ReputationRep:
    No word yet guys but feeling sick & anxious!!

ReputationRep:
    Same here,post just came and nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helevorn)
    Recieved this email today at 16:21

Hi Chris

We only received our quotas on Friday afternoon and so we are trying to work our way through generating the letters at the moment. I hope you will hear from us within the next number of days.

Regards

Margaret Kennedy

(applied for english btw)
    Only noticing you applied to English. So did I. How you think your interview went? Did you apply before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavinaS)
    Only noticing you applied to English. So did I. How you think your interview went? Did you apply before?
    Yeah I applied last year, I KNEW I wasn't getting it last year. This year my interview felt so 50-50 I don't know if I should get my hopes up haha. But if last year was bad, this year was OK, then next year should be good? :P

I regret not applying while still in my third year, left it for a year before applying.

What about you? Did you do your undergrad at QUB?

ReputationRep:
    Posts just been. Nothing again. At this rate I'm going to be dead from a heart condition. This is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I applied before this is my 3rd year applying its so competitive I've been on reserve every year. So disheartening. Yeah done my degree at Queens also.

No post for me today either but I've heard of 3 others via a friend who got letters of offers for English PGCE today. Really hope I hear soon. I'm so so anxious and can't wait any longer.

ReputationRep:
    3 offers already? Wonder if the offers are sent first..hope not.
    No letter for me today either, really not feeling hopefull

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.