Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Coleraine offers are out, but not so sure on Queens! Longest week of my life My postie thinks I'm nuts!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebS14*)
    Coleraine offers are out, but not so sure on Queens! Longest week of my life My postie thinks I'm nuts!!!!!!!
    I've been in work all week until 6pm, same with tomorrow, how do you think I feel :P

ReputationRep:
    I've taken to looking for the post van on my way to work...not good! Are people only getting offers from Coleraine now? I got a letter from them in April saying I'm on the reserve list so I wonder why they sent that so early...?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know another girl who Queens offer today and two of her friends also got offers today aswell. Unfortunately I do think they send offers first!!! I'm not hopeful anymore, better be tomorrow.

Cloudberries, have you received two PGCE offers? Thats super. Well done! Which subject? Which do you think you'll accept?

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer today from Queens for sociology, could not be happier!

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I got my letter today and I got in!! I was so nervous opening the letter and now so excited!
    Good luck everyone else waiting to hear

ReputationRep:
    Any Science offers through yet???
    Congrats to everyone through so far!

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting on Biology and didn't get anything this morning either. Burst into tears, this is torture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I got my offer yesterday for languages, I can't believe it!!

Just wanted to post to encourage anyone who doesn't get on this year. Last year I got onto the reserve list and I was devastated I didn't get in, I tortured myself all summer worrying. It's a horrible feeling but don't give up...go and get more experience and come back again next year.

Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you all know, there were no changes in the intake numbers this year... http://www.deni.gov.uk/index/school-...ed_intakes.htm

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a letter yet so I've given up all hope. Obviously the offers have all been sent out. I give up with Queens!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavinaS)
    I haven't got a letter yet so I've given up all hope. Obviously the offers have all been sent out. I give up with Queens!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best way of thinking it, i would do the same, i haven't went home yet, but if i keep saying i haven't got it then i'm not building my hopes up for a fall :/

We shall soon see if we're successful or not, by the way, do they send off declines as well as acceptances? :/

ReputationRep:
    I know people who got offers yesterday for my subject! So it doesn't look good. Queens send the offers out first. I asked the lady on the phone last week when I rang to see if they had got the quota yet. Another year & no further forward!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've given up as well! such a long process for nothing. I wonder can you request feedback? I know my nerves got the best of me during the interview but I'd like to know if there was anything else I could work on...

ReputationRep:
    To wait from January to June to get word back is a joke. I asked for feedback every other year and it was very vague.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavinaS)
    To wait from January to June to get word back is a joke. I asked for feedback every other year and it was very vague.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was it sort of the standard 'get more experience?' i find it odd thats always the response when i know plenty of people who got in straight from uni who had no school experience at all! Hard to know!

Well done to those who did get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mogsy87)
    Was it sort of the standard 'get more experience?' i find it odd thats always the response when i know plenty of people who got in straight from uni who had no school experience at all! Hard to know!

Well done to those who did get in!
    The ones I've heard of getting places are only just graduating. So experience must not mean much. Oh well what can we do. What subject were u again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming straight from Uni and I didn't get a letter and I'm involved in numerous youth groups and teach a Sunday school class. I'm not sure I could have gotten any more prior experience...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of anyone that got a Biology offer? I'd rather know than not at this point.

EDIT nevermind just spoken to someone who got Biology. Guess I didn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied for english aswell! I know its hard to get experience while at uni but usually when people dont get into pgces the advice is to get more experience but with queens its odd because they dont stipulate you need experience!oh well its out of my hands for now anyway!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.