Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I too am waiting on news still! Has anyone received good news at this late stage? I'm fearing that the longer I wait on a reply the more my chances decrease! Also thanks to all the people that post on this, some of your updates have been helpful to me, it's nice to know others are going through the same anxious thoughts, makes me feel less alone!

ReputationRep:
    Got my letter today, unfortunately it was a rejection outright...expected that though, my interview was atrocious! Literally pushed me out the door i was that bad and gave me my custom made printouts for the "teaching" aspect of my interview...oh well...there's always next year, hopefully they'll bump up the numbers soon thanks to the baby boom we had 5-10 years ago....good luck to those who have still yet to get their letters!

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my letter. Put on reserve but I know that never means much. Queens PGCE is so difficult to get into no one in their right mind turns it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just been placed on the reserve list for biology science, does anyone know how fast the list moves? Don't know whether to be quietly ambitious or to give up all hope

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of friends who got in off the reserve list in previous years and I think it was the start of July when they heard...I suppose every year varies though and obviously it's hard to know whether to be optimistic or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mogsy87)
    I have a couple of friends who got in off the reserve list in previous years and I think it was the start of July when they heard...I suppose every year varies though and obviously it's hard to know whether to be optimistic or not!
    Thanks for the info! Out in America for the whole summer here, real pain not know what's I'm coming back to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bittablue)
    Just been placed on the reserve list for biology science, does anyone know how fast the list moves? Don't know whether to be quietly ambitious or to give up all hope
    We may find out which of us if further up the list, also a biology reserve! Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that possible? I think I read earlier that queens don't inform people of their ranking order, making it even to judge where we stand

ReputationRep:
    I meant that we'll find out if there are drop outs. I.e if you get an offer and I don't then you were higher up the list. Sorry for the confusion! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am STILL waiting to hear. I applied for biology...i just want to know! Im not holding out much hope after all my interview wasnt great and have very limited experience but i just want to be put out of this misery with the waiting game, its awful! Im sort of hopin a just get an outright yes or no, not be put on reserve because that will be more waiting! Also feel that with the science subjects there may be less chance of gettin in on reserve because coleraine uni doesn't do it so queens is the only optional, unless of course some have applied over the water. Has anyone actually heard of anyone they know getting a yes for the sciences this year? I only know one girl who got into english.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramd89)
    I am STILL waiting to hear. I applied for biology...i just want to know! Im not holding out much hope after all my interview wasnt great and have very limited experience but i just want to be put out of this misery with the waiting game, its awful! Im sort of hopin a just get an outright yes or no, not be put on reserve because that will be more waiting! Also feel that with the science subjects there may be less chance of gettin in on reserve because coleraine uni doesn't do it so queens is the only optional, unless of course some have applied over the water. Has anyone actually heard of anyone they know getting a yes for the sciences this year? I only know one girl who got into english.
    Got an offer last Friday for Chemistry. My friend got an offer for languages yesterday ... so they must still be filtering through! I have not heard of any other science offers :\

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend that's got into biology, they got told last Friday but I only got my reserve letter yesterday (despite the letter itself being dated on the 29th May) so hopefully you find out soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got an offer for Biology got my offer last thursday....was so unexpected! Hope you all hear good news soon!

ReputationRep:
    So the offers all seem to have came the end of last week for the science subjects...o dear. Hopefully ur right though..maybe il get an offer and the letter be dated further back. I have a feeling it will come today, hopefully i will be joining you, fingers crossed!!

ReputationRep:
    Postman has been and still no letter. Does anyone have the phone number to call to find out what is happening? Ive heard people say those with offers need to reply by the 14th so im guessin any letter i get at this stage will be rejection as they aren't leaving much time to respond. Or do you reply with your answer by phone instead of letter? Definately losing hope.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Can anyone help me with sharing a report of school experience? ANY REPORT IS FINE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vij)
    Hi,

Can anyone help me with sharing a report of school experience? ANY REPORT IS FINE.
    are you filling out the student profile form??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_0288)
    are you filling out the student profile form??
    This Student Profile form is shocking....academic prizes???? Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I Know! what the hell, it has me panicing already and i haven't even started yet. Did you write anything in that section?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I have anything worth mentioning! GCSE prizes hardly worth sticking down, but dont want to lose out on a placement as my form is empty lol Also I wont have an actual result by Friday! So its a predicted one going down :\

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.