Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloudberries)
    I'm going to Coleraine for English too! Congrats on getting off the list, you must be so relieved!

Just throwing my hat in. I've just been offered a place at UU Coleraine as well, having been on the reserve list. Three days ago I got a call and it hasn't sunk in yet. I've been trying since 2008 to get into this, even doing an MA to bolster my chances. I am so so very happy, excited and slightly terrified. But let's bring it on!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. See you on the 27th.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a letter offering me a place at queens for biology. How has other reserves coped with the short notice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauramd89)
    Just got a letter offering me a place at queens for biology. How has other reserves coped with the short notice?

Congrats Laura Im for the chemistry route but tutor groups are mixed, we may well meet through the year. Not long now!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi...I've been in America all summer but accepted a place on the maths pgce just before I left!? Has anyone got any info about anything yet, enrolment, etc? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a registration pack in the post the other day, online registration is available from 10am on 5th Sept, we have been pre-enrolled on our modules, need to bring ID & original qualification documents on Mon 9th Sept to get our student cards

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Laura,

Same thing happened me with a delayed offer, worst thing is that I've been in America the whole summer and I only get back tomorrow, but if I can sort everything out I'm sure you can too haha, good luck with it all! Looking forward to meeting everyone on the course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get everything sorted in two days thankfully! It will just be my student finance that will take a while!

Does anyone know anything about registration? I see the time slots
    are 45mins? Is that all the time we will be there? Just wondering because gona bring my mum and make it a day out in belfast.

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get everything sorted in two days thankfully! It will just be my student finance that will take a while!

Does anyone know anything about registration? I see the time slots
    are 45mins? Is that all the time we will be there? Just wondering because gona bring my mum and make it a day out in belfast.
    Looks like it will be the 45 minutes or less, depending on how soon you are seen!

Is everyone getting excited now??

ReputationRep:
    Im a little bit excited! I just want to get the primary placement over and get to uni and see what its all about looking forward to gettin the timetable as i found it online but there are classes that overalap so i am guessin different groups will attend different classes. I may not get to do my primary placement as i have yet to receive my police check, has anyone else got this problem?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help? Filling in my student finance form for my loan and for the section where i need to get a professional to sign to confirm my identity, im a bit stuck. It says i can use a police officer...does anyone know of i can use a police officer who is already retired?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in A1 tutor group???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebS14*)
    Anyone in A1 tutor group???
    I am

ReputationRep:
    I haven't found out yet , did you receive the email today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_0288)
    I haven't found out yet , did you receive the email today?
    I got mine on Friday

ReputationRep:
    Hi, congrats to everyone that got offered to start this semester and good luck with the journey of becoming teachers
    i am in my final year in chemistry and was wondering is there anyone out there that was applying for chemistry last year that had any advice for me with my application and interview prep
    thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody apply for ICT PGCE and could give me some help for the interview process? I have my interview on Wednesday.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mckee118)
    Anybody apply for ICT PGCE and could give me some help for the interview process? I have my interview on Wednesday.

Thanks
    Wow! They've already started on the interviews! That's early, usually it's January. As for ICT what did your letter state you had to do? For me (physics) I had to present a lesson without power points or electrical devices. As for advice make sure to teach at a junior level (KS3 to GCSE) and make sure to know what is involved in teaching, they might grill you on that. Any more questions just ask.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have applied to Queens to do a Maths PGCE, my interview is the start of January. I was wondering if anyone who has had an interview to do maths could give me a couple of examples of the questions they were asked?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember or know when you here if you've been offered a place or not? I don't know if I imagined the interviewer telling me the end of February.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mckee118)
    Anyone remember or know when you here if you've been offered a place or not? I don't know if I imagined the interviewer telling me the end of February.

Thanks
    Last year we did not find out until May, however that was because they were waiting to hear from the department of education exactly how many places were available. They have this years quota already, so I assume successful applicants will be told much much earlier! Possibly March? Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.