Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So perhaps this is not the best place to post, but since most people with eating disorders are teenagers, I figured thatI would be able to get the best advice.

I am currently in sixth form and have been having mental health problems last year as a result of systematic abuse as a child. I do not want to go into too much detail, but I have been told by that it is on the severe end of mental and physcial abuse.
    As a result, i have had a plethora of problems, including numerous eating disorders. I used to almost starve myself, but this soon turned into bulimia, and now binge eating. I literally can not stop eating, sometimes, in the middle of the night I go down into the kitchen and stuff myself with cake and biscuits. I am not even hungry, its just eating fills some sort of empty void inside me.
    I have previously been on antidepressants, but have since stopped as it made me bi-polar. I am also safe from my abuser. I have been seeing a physciatrist about everything, and indeed, my depression is improving, but unfortunately my eating has not.
    I would really appreciate some tips to stop binge eating. I have gained 2 stones within 2 months. None of my clothes fit anymore and I feel totally disgusted with myself and resort to covering myself up in baggy clothes. Recently, it has gotten to the stage where I feel totally trapped by food. I would love to live a normal life again where my relationship is not so schizophrenic.

Any tips or advice would be highly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Ok first of all you are goin to have to see a doctor , binge eating is not good for your health so I advise you to go and see a doctor and discuss treatment , there are treatments such as a self help programme where you are under supervision and are supported by healthcare professionals.

ReputationRep:
    first thing and the most important thing to do is to tell your care co-ordinator and Health professional about it.

it is a good idea to write down what you eat , make an eating plan (healthy one ) ,limit the amount of food you buy/stock at home and try to stock up on healthier option instead of junk food . eg , instead of having choclate biscuit and ice cream , maybe have cereal with banana.

if you really really want to have junk food , try to set a limit . i put crisps in a small bowl and take it into the room while leaving the big bag in kitchen , so ever time i want more i can think about it .it also let you monitor the intake of junk food you are having ( if you are going for your 4th round ...maybe it is time to stop)

although i dont do exercise myself, it is certainly a good way to keep fit .also will help with the depression as well .

best of luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same... whatever is there, i will eat. If i'm bored i will go round the house finding anything and everything, hungry or not! Even if i am STUFFED full i will eat more, if it's there! My new years resolution was to get the weight off, i also put on about 2 stone and hated it. I'm not just trying to eat clean and be a totall new person. Running and trying to be more active ( it seems the only way to get my mind off wanting to binge and eat crap) Also my metabolism is **** due to not eating at times (i went through a lot of odd stanges to loose weight)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    You've posted so much on this forum... I think you're a troll. No one would say 'in the middle off the night' and also 'cakes and biscuits'. These are just concepts that are intended to be used... If you had a real problem, you would have said when or/and why you get up in 'the middle of the night' and you would eat 'cakes' and 'biscuits'. Mostly, people who suffer from bulimic will eat things that most likely full of fat and consume things such as pizza or crisps or anything, not in the collocation of 'cakes and biscuits'...

YOU TROLL!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.