Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jim Davidson arrested on suspicion of sexual offences Watch

ReputationRep:
    Another person accused? How many more are there going to be? :|

If its a genuine accusation then of course, justice must be found, but this seems to be happening on a weekly basis now. It seems odd how every single one of these people would wait this length of time before coming out about it... I don't know, something just doesn't add up.

Also it's been annoying me how literal z listers have been jumping on the bandwagon. The most annoying, Kerry Katona getting a front page cover about Jimmy Saville. Her story? He looked at her creepily... Those in it for the money should be ashamed of themselves, this is starting to turn into a circus now and people will eventually start to not really believe any genuine victims :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    He's also dropped out of Celebrity Big Brother which he was due to appear in

http://news.sky.com/story/1033009/ji...ty-big-brother
    Can you imagine if the police had waited just a few more days to arrest him, when he was actually inside the Celebrity Big Brother house lol, police walk in and arrest him on suspicion of sex offences live on TV hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 122025278)
    Can you imagine if the police had waited just a few more days to arrest him, when he was actually inside the Celebrity Big Brother house lol, police walk in and arrest him on suspicion of sex offences live on TV hahah
    That would have been crazy, I think thats why he was arrested just before, it would have caused quite a stir if he was being endorsed by a TV program when he may have commited sexual offences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I don't even like Jim Davidson but this is getting beyond a joke now. No one can prove these claims one way or the other. I can't imagine how much it would suck to have the finger pointed at me when half the country will never change their minds.
    You sound nervous.
    Something to hide?

I could see jim davidson arrest coming sooner or later, rubbish 70s light entertainers are running for the hills..

ReputationRep:
    Its trial by media, these people should be given anonymity unless they've actually been convicted of something. Im not condoning their possible actions in the slightest, by it is innocent until proven guilty for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    What a surprise. Another couple of money grabbing ****s trying to reap money by making disgusting accusations. (As you can tell, I don't believe the allegations are true for a second)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxisussex)
    Hope the gays teach him a lesson in the slammer.
    That made me visualize it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    Another 'big' name has been arrested in part of the Saville investigation
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...etectives.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...robe-cops.html

I know I probably shouldn't say this but out of all the people I really hope he goes down, I can't stand the bloke.
    No, it's unrelated.

ReputationRep:
    Jim Davidson's arrest should not be considered quite in the same way as the allegations against Jimmy Savile, though serious offences if he is tried and convicted. The two women were not schoolgirls at the time, not in hospital either, as many of those thought to be Savile's victims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    No, it's unrelated.
    Yes I know that now but at the time I wrote that it was being reported as part of the Saville enquiry. I think I posted stating it was unrelated or I may have forgot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caravaggio2)
    People have been found guilty of historical sexual assaults and rapes where the only evidence against them was the multiple number of complainants.
    The issue is that what's considered "sexual assault" must have changed so much over the years. I'm not saying the actual laws have changed (although they have, but that's not relevant to my point), but I mean that back then slapping your secretary on the arse for example would have been normal behaviour. Although in hindsight it could be argued to count as sexual assault under the laws of the time, they probably didn't think that at the time.

It's not hard to imagine someone like Jim Davidson being guilty of "light" sexual assault (i.e. a bit of inappropriate touching), but it seems a bit unfair to prosecute him now for what probably loads of people did back then and no one batted an eyelid.

It would be like going round arresting people for telling racist jokes in public back in the 80s because nowadays doing that is considered to be illegal offensive behaviour. It's not good behaviour now, and it wasn't then, but it also seems unfair to permit it for so long, only to go back and arrest people for it many years later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Callahan)
    Should have arrested him for being an unfunny ****.
    If they did that with him they'd also have to arrest a ton of other people.

(Original post by Double Agent)
    Its trial by media, these people should be given anonymity unless they've actually been convicted of something. Im not condoning their possible actions in the slightest, by it is innocent until proven guilty for a reason.
    This.

Hope the gays teach him a lesson in the slammer.
    So basically you're saying "I hope he gets raped." Nice, really classy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    If they did that with him they'd also have to arrest a ton of other people.

This.

So basically you're saying "I hope he gets raped." Nice, really classy.
    I don't get if he gets beaten and gang raped,I wouldn't even flinch if I read that it actually happened.

ReputationRep:
    I guess you could say the police investigation has had a....big break.
    Ace pun and show.

Repped

ReputationRep:
    I don't get if he gets beaten and gang raped,I wouldn't even flinch if I read that it actually happened.
    That's not really what you said. You said "I hope the gays teach him a lesson" which basically translates as "I hope he gets raped." Even though he hasn't been charged let alone found guilty.

(Original post by tehforum)
    Ace pun and show.

Repped
    Ta. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    That's not really what you said. You said "I hope the gays teach him a lesson" which basically translates as "I hope he gets raped." Even though he hasn't been charged let alone found guilty.

Ta. :yy:
    I meant I don't care if he is. I think he is a disgusting homophobe,whether he is found guilty of child abuse offences or not is not relevant to me. I hope he suffers anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I don't even like Jim Davidson but this is getting beyond a joke now. No one can prove these claims one way or the other. I can't imagine how much it would suck to have the finger pointed at me when half the country will never change their minds.
    Aye, why in some cases such as rape I do believe that the accused should remain anonymous until proven guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snailsareslimy)
    Another person accused? How many more are there going to be? :|

If its a genuine accusation then of course, justice must be found, but this seems to be happening on a weekly basis now. It seems odd how every single one of these people would wait this length of time before coming out about it... I don't know, something just doesn't add up.

Also it's been annoying me how literal z listers have been jumping on the bandwagon. The most annoying, Kerry Katona getting a front page cover about Jimmy Saville. Her story? He looked at her creepily... Those in it for the money should be ashamed of themselves, this is starting to turn into a circus now and people will eventually start to not really believe any genuine victims :/
    He must have been up to his old tricks again as he has been rearrested.

ReputationRep:
    I guess you could say the police investigation has had a....big break.
    Lol! Joke of the day right there!! PMSL, obvoiusly long past my bedtime haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.