Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm really wanting to apply for a summer camp job in america this year but i'm at university so obviously have exams. Just wondering if anybody's been before and knows around what dates you tend to fly out as there's no point applying if i'm still going to be at uni! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I fly on the 16th of June, I know Camp America let you put in the earliest you can travel, then camps can choose you from there When is your exam week? Mines the last two weeks in May which makes my life so much easier!

ReputationRep:
    Most camps start around mid-June ish time so they'd probably want you there before the 20th, or thereabouts. When are your exams?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay that helps a lot thanks Well i'm only in first year so havent got a clue at the minute but i'm guessing they're gonna be around the last week of may as well then? Should probably speak to my lecturer haha

ReputationRep:
    More than likely yeah!! Find out then you can decide if you wanna go

ReputationRep:
    Yeah deffo decided i want to do it, just a case of whether i'm able to ha . Looks like an amazing experience

ReputationRep:
    Thats great!! I've been accepted and I'm just waiting to be chosen for a camp

ReputationRep:
    Which site/organisation have you gone through? i've been looking at camp leaders, camp america and CCUSA but not sure which one to go with yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Camp Leaders, they are excellent!! Would recommend them to anyone! They've been so helpful always there on the phone/twitter/email, opportunity to save money on fees and stuff! Really good!

ReputationRep:
    Awww thats great to hear, they're the ones i'm most drawn to as a friend of mine has used them for the past 2 years an he said how great they were! How much has it cost altogether? (if you don't mind me asking haha)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they've been brilliant! So far ive paid £200 and saved £100, got £220 still left to pay on my fees, I could save another £50 in the future too

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats really good, a lot cheaper than all the other ones so far then

ReputationRep:
    Here's a simple comparison of all the companies by an impartial website http://www.savethestudent.org/studen...omparison.html

Might help with your decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenreilly94)
    Wow thats really good, a lot cheaper than all the other ones so far then
    Just a point to note, I had a quick look at the website for Camp Leaders, and it isn't that much cheaper once you've paid for everything else: http://www.campleaders.com/gb/cost/new-to-summer-camp/

I did a quick add up and it came to £780 without any of the discounts you might be able to get SO it might work out cheaper, but not neccesarily by that much!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just applied, had my phonecall today and now waiting for my face-to-face interview...
    Is anyone looking to go to the Camp Job Fair in London?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i guess it all depends on whether you can get the discounts doesnt it,
    i'm going to the job fair in Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peacey_pants)
    Yeah they've been brilliant! So far ive paid £200 and saved £100, got £220 still left to pay on my fees, I could save another £50 in the future too
    Thats awesome that you managed to save £100! Did you apply extra early or something? I saved £50 by booking my interview soon after doing my application. But I've still got £280 to pay. Sorry, just being nosey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_Sunshine)
    Thats awesome that you managed to save £100! Did you apply extra early or something? I saved £50 by booking my interview soon after doing my application. But I've still got £280 to pay. Sorry, just being nosey
    Its no bother at all I got the early bird discount, then another discount for paying my first installment with 15 days it's good incentive!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.