Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a good weight but my belly's fat!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..*KITA*..)
    I think females are supposed to have around 1,200 calories per day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's the absolute minimum a woman should have when losing weight, and that's not really taking exercise into account at all.

OP: Cutting down to 750 per day is ridiculously low and unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberox)
    I'm 15, about 5'6 and female.
    Okay, so i have ALWAYS hated being fat, especially the enormous bulge around my belly, so i decided to go on a diet. This was about 6 months ago, now i have lost a lot of weight and i am now about 106lbs or 7 stone 7/8. I am happy at this weight as i feel comfortable except for my belly because i still have a bulge!
    I don't know what to do, should i give up the diet and just stick to my weight now or try harder?

Also, because of my diet i have lost most of my boobs. I was a C cup now im an A.
    I want to stay the way i look now but with boobs, if i were to give up on the diet how many calories should i eat to keep my current figure, get my boobs back, and help me grow a bit.

Another thing i havent had my period in about 3 months because of my diet, when will it come back? PLEASE HELP ME! What should i do
    I'm sorry but if you don't start trying to gain some of your weight back then you will be on your way to anorexia.

Losing your period is NOT a good thing. It shows that you did something bad to yourself in your diet (like starving yourself too much).

If you don't mind, what was your diet?

Diets should never be about limiting your food consumption as much as possible until you lose weight and then stop. It never works because as soon as you go back to your previous diet you gain your weight back. Diets should be permanent changes in lifestyle that you can maintain for a long time while still staying healthy (in terms of weight and everything else). You should limit or completely remove the amount of junk food and sweets, but still eat the healthy amount of calories and fruits/vegetables that you need. You also need to have a healthy amount of exercise alongside it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for this! It made me smile and feel a bit better so thanks!
    Good It's easy to say this now, being in my early twenties, but I remember everyone freaking out when their bodies started to change too. We all thought we were going to turn out massive and flabby, but the curves all balanced out after a year or two and we all looked fine. Nice and normal, and lady-shaped. This is the same reason why most girls aren't allowed boob jobs until they are at least 18 - because everything is still growing there's no point making major adjustments until it's done.

Everyone's going to be insecure around that time but the important thing is to keep eating lots of the RIGHT KINDS of food (piles of greens, protein like eggs and meat, and a little natural fat like what you get in milk, cheese, or olive oil - again, this is NOT evil fat), instead of cutting back and surviving on crackers and water or processed meals. It's not so much about counting calories and more about the types of food you choose - no one gets fat eating scrambled eggs and veg! You'd be surprised how much of these good things you can eat while still being healthy overall.

If your period has stopped, I'd really recommend meeting with a doctor or nutritionist and ask them to recommend a smart personal menu that will support your body while it grows. Remember, now you've achieved your original weight loss goal, you don't want to keep losing weight or you'll waste away and get ill. Instead you want to maintain it so you do need to eat a little more, or do less fat-burning exercises.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so i have ALWAYS hated being fat, especially the enormous bulge around my belly, so i decided to go on a diet. This was about 6 months ago, now i have lost a lot of weight and i am now about 106lbs or 7 stone 7/8. I am happy at this weight as i feel comfortable except for my belly because i still have a bulge!
    I don't know what to do, should i give up the diet and just stick to my weight now or try harder?

Also, because of my diet i have lost most of my boobs. I was a C cup now im an A.
    I want to stay the way i look now but with boobs, if i were to give up on the diet how many calories should i eat to keep my current figure, get my boobs back, and help me grow a bit.

Another thing i havent had my period in about 3 months because of my diet, when will it come back? PLEASE HELP ME! What should i do
    Running is a really fast way to loose belly fat and look good. Its cheap, you just need decent trainers and a sports kit. With the diet eat a balanced diet. Just cut down calories and eat less carbohydrates. Fruit and fibre is also good for loosing weight

ReputationRep:
    Eat more food with protein

ReputationRep:
    Like I said before if you want to look better you need to gain weight and lift heavy.

A while ago I posted a pic of a girl who lost soo much weight and then decided to lift heavy this is her transformation photo

Name:  QRF8F.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  149.9 KB

As you can see from her photo she looked leaner in her last photo despite gaining weight as she lifted heavy as well. Like so many girls out there people make the mistake of losing weight and thinking that it is going to tone you up. In fact losing too much weight can make one look much worse than they did before. This is why weightlifting is soo important in order to get a decent body.

So your answer is lift heavy and gain weight even if you don't like that answer its the only way to get the results you want and I hope that you end up doing it

ReputationRep:
    Good point above....I rarely if ever see girls in good shape. They're usually one of 2 things...too fat or too thin with no shape(usually skinny fat, with saggy arses). It's like 99.9% of them fail with diet and exercise, but all the rest are failing also so they just join them in the zumba class or plodding along on a cardio machine. God forbid you don't have massive amount of insecurities and do your own thing that will actually work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    Good point above....I rarely if ever see girls in good shape. They're usually one of 2 things...too fat or too thin with no shape(usually skinny fat, with saggy arses). It's like 99.9% of them fail with diet and exercise, but all the rest are failing also so they just join them in the zumba class or plodding along on a cardio machine. God forbid you don't have massive amount of insecurities and do your own thing that will actually work.
    That's me right now *sigh*. Trying to squat my way out of it though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    That's me right now *sigh*. Trying to squat my way out of it though!
    Try sprints as well..my biggest glute doms come from sprints and lunges. I await slient ninja and H Fergurson to chime in how doms mean nothing.

ReputationRep:
    The fact is you need to put on weight rather than lose it. It's also impossible to spot reduce, i.e.: lose weight from certain areas if that's where you're programmed to store it. For me, that area is my bum and thighs - I can lose weight from everywhere else but never from there.

Have you thought that your "belly" might be down to bloating as opposed to actual fat? This could be because you're sensitive to certain foods (e.g.: wheat) or because you're so starved of food your belly is bloated - I used to have anorexia and this happened to me, it gets better once you start eating a normal amount again.

ReputationRep:
    Don't eat foods with a high glycemic index because insulin spikes cause you to store more fat around your abdomen (which is bad for your organs). Not that you have that to worry about being 109lbs.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:

Of course you still have a belly - the only way to get rid of that is to have a good diet AND exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Yeah that's the absolute minimum a woman should have when losing weight, and that's not really taking exercise into account at all.

OP: Cutting down to 750 per day is ridiculously low and unhealthy.
    I was wrong, oops. It's actually around 2000 calories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Of course you still have a belly - the only way to get rid of that is to have a good diet AND exercise.
    I was exercising every weekday by running about 3/4 miles but by doing this I lost too much weight (so I stopped) and ended up underweight, but not my belly.

ReputationRep:
    I was exercising every weekday by running about 3/4 miles but by doing this I lost too much weight (so I stopped) and ended up underweight, but not my belly.
    Then you need to eat more You need to balance exercise and diet in order to cut body fat.

ReputationRep:
    I really doubt you're running 4 miles a day, everyday.

ReputationRep:
    No im not anymore iv'e said that i havent in over 2 months but i used to about 4 times a week for like 3-4 months..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.