Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a guy the other night at a bar, we spoke, exchanged numbers and now he has been texting me a lot. he really badly wants to meet up ;like bad.
    its a bit scary, he hasn't asked me to go to his or anything.

He even asked to meet up for breakfast before I went into work!

is he desperate or does he like me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met a guy the other night at a bar, we spoke, exchanged numbers and now he has been texting me a lot. he really badly wants to meet up ;like bad.
    its a bit scary, he hasn't asked me to go to his or anything.

He even asked to meet up for breakfast before I went into work!

is he desperate or does he like me
    maybe he hasn't had a lot of opportunity with girls and doesn't want to let this one slip, maybe he thinks your special and so doesn't want to just leave you, maybe he can't get you out of his head,..so many possibilities. You don't really know much about him so if you like him you could try to get to know him or if not you could just tell him so he doesn't waste his timeI suppose:cool:

Do i have to be concerned? or shall i meet up with him

ReputationRep:
    Take a friend along in case he is a little strange or forceful.

ReputationRep:
    Um.... I don't think it it advisable for you to go..it's like one of those facebook strories - guys ask young girls to meet them at awkward times and they get kidnapped/murdered/raped. However, you've seen this guy, so it's less likely. Depends on how you feel about him.

Just.Be.Careful.

negs negs negs I understand for this post but it seems like everyone on tsr have forgotten the lovely green button

ReputationRep:
    It's not so strange, he probably really likes you and just really wants to see you again. But, if concerned, just meet up in a public place/bring a friend.

(Original post by Meghna96)
    Um.... I don't think it it advisable for you to go..it's like one of those facebook strories - guys ask young girls to meet them at awkward times and they get kidnapped/murdered/raped. However, you've seen this guy, so it's less likely. Depends on how you feel about him.

Just.Be.Careful.
    didn't realise going for breakfast at 9 am in central london is an awkward time lol now im scared haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghna96)

Just.Be.Careful.
    What on earth?
    Someone met a girl, he likes her, has been texting her and wants to meet again for a date.
    Yet you somehow take that as dangerous and how she could get murdered or raped :confused:

ReputationRep:
    He obviously really likes you. He sounds a tad desperate, but he could just like you a lot.

Nothing to be scared about, give the guy a break, and meet up with him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    What on earth?
    Someone met a girl, he likes her, has been texting her and wants to meet again for a date.
    Yet you somehow take that as dangerous and how she could get murdered or raped :confused:
    Wel.. That's the first thing that came to my head. I can be dramatic sometimes - but it isn't like people are incapable of doing this.

Maybe I should Hide in my room with a few crisps as my best friends, staring at the window (JK) sorry if my post caused stress to the thread starter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    didn't realise going for breakfast at 9 am in central london is an awkward time lol now im scared haha
    sorry
    I seemed to have jumped to extremes, but I I meant to have said was, make sure it is very public. Probs will be,where you're going

sorry

ReputationRep:
    I have met guys like that on a night out before. One guy took my number and asked for my full name to save it in his phone...I thought fine, not that weird. That was until I got home an hour later and he had already added me on facebook and the minute I logged on he started talking to me and asked me to go to dinner with him the following night :/ I went and it was fine and ended up seeing him for a few weeks...but it ended due to him being waaay to clingy (which I should have guessed!). So my advice, if you're not really interested don't encourage him because you'll be stuck with a clingon.

ReputationRep:
    These stories are all void because you've already met him in person and these stories are only related to e-dating with people who haven't met each other yet.

He obviously wants a relationship with you and he keeps asking because you're not giving him a clear answer. He's not desperate for sex if he's asking you out to breakfast rather than going over to his house at 10pm.

The problem is you haven't played your part yet. Say yes if you like him, otherwise say no.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.