Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Burgling someone's house Watch

ReputationRep:
    Could you ever burgle somebody's house or even just smash it up. What kind of sentence would you expect if you broke in and smashed a house up?

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to break into someone's house and clean it up. I don't know why, just would be funny. Don't think I ever will. It depends on what you steal, how much damage you make.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the Judge tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smudge_moon)
    I've always wanted to break into someone's house and clean it up. I don't know why, just would be funny. Don't think I ever will. It depends on what you steal, how much damage you make.

Lol'd

ReputationRep:
    It's people like you who let this country down, OP.

ReputationRep:
    If I say yes, it's premeditated.

ReputationRep:
    i think it would be OK to burgle a burglar's house... see how they like it

ReputationRep:
    to be honest i's all about risk and reward and i don't have the aptitude to even attempt to do that, anv would hate it if i were burgled so no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    Depends on the Judge tbh.
    I mean turning the sofa upside down, smashing the tvs, knocking the cabinets over and smashing a few windows.

ReputationRep:
    A guy broke in to my house, stole my SNES and **** in my garden, when I was 7. feels bad. Would only burgle people I knew to be definitely evil, such as the house of a burglar. I think I'd get away with it. I'd take a bottle of bleach with me, de-DNA everything, and wear a hairnet. I can become pretty invisible too.

ReputationRep:
    Do it and let us know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i think it would be OK to burgle a burglar's house... see how they like it
    But that'd make you a burglar and people could burgle your house.

ReputationRep:
    I could never burgle someones house.I was a victim of a burglary a few years ago, it was a horrid feeling to know that someone had been in my house whilst I wasnt there, had touched my things and then stole them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Jts)
    But that'd make you a burglar and people could burgle your house.
    hmmm that is quite a quandary

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd like to

ReputationRep:
    Only on GTA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    Only on GTA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For sho' serves those pesky ballas right.

ReputationRep:
    Now that the OP is banned he can no longer preoccupy himself on TSR, so he'll probably go burgle someone's house now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smudge_moon)
    I've always wanted to break into someone's house and clean it up.

Remind me I need to give you my address

(Original post by Bazlehman)
    A guy broke in to my house, stole my SNES and **** in my garden, when I was 7. feels bad. Would only burgle people I knew to be definitely evil, such as the house of a burglar. I think I'd get away with it. I'd take a bottle of bleach with me, de-DNA everything, and wear a hairnet. I can become pretty invisible too.
    Someone took a dump in your garden? :confused: Did the police do DNA tests on it?

ReputationRep:
    The clear up rate for burglary used to be extremely low. If this is still the case, the chances are you won't be caught.

In reality, most criminals will not worry about the potential sentence but whether or not they will get caught.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.