Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Player of the Season so far? (poll) watch

• View Poll Results: Player of the Season so far?
    Luis Suarez
    23.65%
    Robin Van Persie
    34.46%
    Juan Mata
    7.43%
    Santi Cazorla
    6.08%
    Demba Ba
    1.35%
    Michu
    19.59%
    Gareth Bale
    2.03%
    Leigton Baines
    4.05%
    Marouane Fellaini
    1.35%
    Asmir Begovic
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Lets get bias out the way, I'm a Liverpool fan, I think it's Suarez. RvP has scored one more goal (that too via a penalty, Suarez hasn't taken any penalties), but look at the teams that each of them play in and their respective positions in the league - there's a 7 place and 21 points difference. Granted that RvP has been United's main driving force, but he's had Chicharito, Rooney chipping in and excellent wingers in support. As well as Carrick and Anderson having great seasons.

Suarez on the other hand has two teenagers, Stewart Downing, and an unsettled midfield, with a veteran in Gerrard in charge.

Other shouts are Juan Mata (7 goals and assists), Demba Ba (scored half of all Newcastle's goals this year), Michu (13 from midfield, impressive), Santi Cazorla is running the show at Arsenal, Leighton Baines/Marouane Fellaini impressive (as ever?), and Ryan Shawcross/Asmir Begovic leading Stoke to be the meanest team in the league. Missed out Gareth Bale, who's been brilliant in spurts for Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    Michu as it stands for me.

Followed closely by RvP and Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    Very close between Michu and Suarez, but I went with Suarez, Liverpool would be in the bottom three without him.

ReputationRep:
    I am Manchester United fan so could name a few eg rafael, michael carrick, van persie..............

But michu from stoke has done welll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Voting RvP as Liverpool fan hurt... but he has 1 more goal and that's the only thing separating the two in terms of individual performance this year.

ReputationRep:
    RVP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King786)
    I am Manchester United fan so could name a few eg rafael, michael carrick, van persie..............

Swansea...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Michu, Stoke? I think you are losing the plot :lol:

He has played extremely well though for his real team, it's between him and RvP for me.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope that was a joke...:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Toss up between RvP and Michu for me. Went with RvP though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarusblue)
    x
    Why Baines? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    I hope that was a joke...:facepalm:
    Nominating Carrick for player of the season is more of a joke than saying Michu plays for Stoke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Why Baines? :holmes:
    Everton haven't kept a clean sheet in 15 or something, since September anyway, so it is an odd choice even if Baines has been very consistent himself.

ReputationRep:
    Michu/Suarez/Fellaini.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Nominating Carrick for player of the season is more of a joke than saying Michu plays for Stoke.
    Carricks barely put a foot wrong this season.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really understand why RVP's top tbh. He's scored 1 or 2 more than Michu and Suarez, but they're playing for midtable teams not the top of the table team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Except if you've been watching the Manchester United games, you'd see Carrick has been back to his exceptional self in the midfield this season. He doesn't tend to get too much in the limelight though because he rarely scores but that isn't his job.

(Original post by Straight up G)
    Everton haven't kept a clean sheet in 15 or something, since September anyway, so it is an odd choice even if Baines has been very consistent himself.
    Aye, I'm not too sure why you even offered it up but I was quoting the person who voted for him to see their reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Carricks barely put a foot wrong this season.
    Don't be silly, only a striker is allowed to be player of the season. :rolleyes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Fellaini has been in fairly good form, I'd certainly say he's up there for it at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle fan here, my vote goes to Michu!

Although, I would say Patrice Evra has had a cracking season so far, more goals than Baines too, he should be on the poll!

Also, if Fellaini is on there, surely Gerrard should be?!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.