Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Player of the Season so far? (poll) Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Player of the Season so far?
    Luis Suarez
    23.65%
    Robin Van Persie
    34.46%
    Juan Mata
    7.43%
    Santi Cazorla
    6.08%
    Demba Ba
    1.35%
    Michu
    19.59%
    Gareth Bale
    2.03%
    Leigton Baines
    4.05%
    Marouane Fellaini
    1.35%
    Asmir Begovic
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Aye, I'm not too sure why you even offered it up but I was quoting the person who voted for him to see their reasons.
    Yeah maybe Walcott would have been a more deserving candidate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Except if you've been watching the Manchester United games, you'd see Carrick has been back to his exceptional self in the midfield this season. He doesn't tend to get too much in the limelight though because he rarely scores but that isn't his job.
    Exceptional Self? pahaha
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Just kidding.

Ir's really Taarabt.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez > Michu > RVP > Fellaini > Mata > Bale

That's my top 6 this season so far.

ReputationRep:
    Accidentally voted for Cazorla lol (didn't press vote now but enter by mistake :lol:) would probably have gone for Michu though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Exceptional Self? pahaha
    "I'm not clever enough to understand what a player like Carrick brings to a team"

ReputationRep:
    Michu for me.

Sensational impact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unsworth)
    Also, if Fellaini is on there, surely Gerrard should be?!
    Why?

Had to go for Suarez, just pipping RVP. He's carried Liverpool this season.

ReputationRep:
    RVP, so far he's scored against Chelsea and got the winner against Southampton and City. Suarez hasn't impacted the toughest games for Liverpool like RVP has for United.

ReputationRep:
    I went for RvP, not because he's the top scorer but because of the nature of the goals he scores. A large proportion have been very good and some have been spectacular. On top of that, on several occasions the goal's he's scored have been of critical importance (i.e. deciding matches; Man City, Southampton, Fulham games to name a few).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluenose14)
    Why?

Had to go for Suarez, just pipping RVP. He's carried Liverpool this season.
    Gerrard has been fantastic, especially in his last handful of games. Without him suarez wouldnt have scored half the goals he has..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unsworth)
    Gerrard has been fantastic, especially in his last handful of games. Without him suarez wouldnt have scored half the goals he has..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think Gerrard is a shadow of the player he was. He's still got a quality right foot but he's lost all his drive on the ball.

You'd be hard pressed to find many people who think he's had a better season than Fellaini (who for the most part has been brilliant this season), even amongst Liverpool fans.

ReputationRep:
    RVP - 16 goals 7 assists in 21 games.

ReputationRep:
    1) RVP
    2) Suarez
    3) Michu

ReputationRep:
    RvP v Suarez next week.

ReputationRep:
    Rvp. Most goals, good number of assists, new team, and many important goals.

(Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Don't really understand why RVP's top tbh. He's scored 1 or 2 more than Michu and Suarez, but they're playing for midtable teams not the top of the table team.
    Being surrounded by talent like Rooney goes both ways. If we put as much through RvP as Liverpool do Suarez the stats would be well in RvPs favour. Suarez has like double the amount of shots per game or something stupid, he is given much more of the attacking play than RvP and is in the form to largely show that.

ReputationRep:
    I think Suarez. Yeah I might be biased but Van Persie doesn't have the same all round gameplay as him. He's taken a few penalties AND he plays for a team that are doing much better because they have another 3 decent strikers whereas Liverpool have three in total, one who's been injured and one they signed today. So clearly Suarez has done it all.

But people saying that without Suarez Liverpool would be screwed are idiots, what if Van Persie wasn't at United?! Rooney's not done much this season at all and really they're relying on Van Persie to actually compete. As it happens they're now 7 points ahead so he's done more than just push them ahead of City, they're relying on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    I think Suarez. Yeah I might be biased but Van Persie doesn't have the same all round gameplay as him. He's taken a few penalties AND he plays for a team that are doing much better because they have another 3 decent strikers whereas Liverpool have three in total, one who's been injured and one they signed today. So clearly Suarez has done it all.

But people saying that without Suarez Liverpool would be screwed are idiots, what if Van Persie wasn't at United?! Rooney's not done much this season at all and really they're relying on Van Persie to actually compete. As it happens they're now 7 points ahead so he's done more than just push them ahead of City, they're relying on him.
    Have you ever even watched him play?

ReputationRep:
    Michu by far.

Without him Swansea would probably be near the bottom.

You can't really say that about any other players on the list (well... Maybe Fellaini)

Coming from a Liverpool fan.

ReputationRep:
    I actually think it's between RvP and Michu.

Suarez has been great, and Liverpool would definitely be far worse off without him, but consider that Suarez has taken 40-50 more shots than RvP only to get one goal less. RvP is a lot more clinical - and it's not exactly like he's been scoring tap ins this season. Michu has a similar conversion rate to RvP too.

RvP also has 6 assists, and is the only player in the EPL to rank in the top 5 for both goals and assists (RvP is actually joint second for assists and top for goals).

I voted for Michu because he's doing this for Swansea, which I think is rather extraordinary. And because he is undoubtedly buy of the season.... But that's probably just my Arsenal bias coming in because, to be completely honest, RvP has probably been player of the season so far.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.