The Student Room Group

Girlfriend is overwhelming me and dont know how to deal with it

She is from Abroad, met about 18 months ago and she moved back to her country in summer as she was only studying.

We speak every day on Skype unless I have guests round or out of house, but its taking up my free time and she has recently started hinting at taking our relationship further i.e marriage.

She is genuine and not wanting a visa or anything like that we are perfect for each other and I wouldnt mind marrying her as she is the one for me but I get no free time as I get back from college at 6 and since she is 2 hours ahead I have to speak to her straight away leaving me only with a hour or two before I go to bed for free time.

She got upset recently as wanted me to go across for christmas even hinted at paying for me but I wanted to spend it with parents as working till 24th then want to spend christmas with parents(though would love her to be here)

Since she is off work for a few days she speaks to me literally the whole day so I get no free time.

I wouldnt mind if it was time spent together for real but when on own want to watch a film or play a game to relax, dont even get much time to cook a meal and now she rings me on landline for about 2 hours a night so its even worse.

Anon as she knows my username.
It seems as though the main/only problem is the time difference, therefore you should just explain that you don't get alot of free time to do your work or whatever.

Tell her that you want to talk less on weekdays, I'm sure she'll understand :]
Just be honest and say sometimes you need a bit of free time, just reassure her though you are not going off her.
Reply 3
Does she not do anything in her own free time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending