Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am interested in getting work experience or a job this summer in either Birmingham or London. I would quite like work experience at a newspaper or in broadcasting, has anyone done this before and if so, can you offer me advice on when and where to find opportunities?

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked at this? Might be helpful as a starting point although unfortunately for those sorts of areas it's a lot about who you know in terms of getting any experience - if you have a personal connection anywhere that's also a good place to start! http://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/work-experience/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzipb)
    Hi, I am interested in getting work experience or a job this summer in either Birmingham or London. I would quite like work experience at a newspaper or in broadcasting, has anyone done this before and if so, can you offer me advice on when and where to find opportunities?
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    Have you looked at this? Might be helpful as a starting point although unfortunately for those sorts of areas it's a lot about who you know in terms of getting any experience - if you have a personal connection anywhere that's also a good place to start! http://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/work-experience/
    Hey

Perhaps you could contact some local newspapers. The Bham Metro? And i have a media side to me as i'm studying Media Studies A level and have always wanted to do a work placement /experience at one of the major radio stations on Broad Street Bham. I've never got round to contacting them but i think that'd be a good start.

And the BBC site you've provided unfortunately doesn"t do much for Birmingham placements. I joined the site almost 3 years ago and 'til this day have never managed to be informed of any placements. Nonetheless, you advice is good about getting hold of a contant on the inside.

Its not much but hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.