Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'm kinda panicking now, because I have 4 exams coming up,
    -Biology, next wednesday
    -Chemistry, next thursday
    -Maths- 14th January
    -Geography- 21st January

Okay, basically I haven't done any revision for these exams and they're so soon and now I feel like it's too late to even bother revising because everyone goes on about how hard A Levels are and you have to start revising like months in advance. So, if I start revising a week before mine then how am I going to get 4 A's. Seriously?

I mean, obviously I've done a bit of revision here and there since the christmas holidays began but it's hardly anything. I haven't touched my geography books at all though.

I was just wondering, how early did you guys start your revision, and have any of you been in the same position as me?

I do care about my A Levels, but I'm just soo lazy and I procrastinate too much. I actually revised way more for my GCSEs, idk why I'm not trying harder for my A Levels? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You've left it pretty tight, get off TSR and start revising!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raff:))
    -Biology, next wednesday
    -Maths- 14th January
    -Geography- 21st January

Okay, basically I haven't done any revision for these exams and they're so soon and now I feel like it's too late to even bother revising because everyone goes on about how hard A Levels are and you have to start revising like months in advance. So, if I start revising a week before mine then how am I going to get 4 A's. Seriously?

I mean, obviously I've done a bit of revision here and there since the christmas holidays began but it's hardly anything. I haven't touched my geography books at all though.

I was just wondering, how early did you guys start your revision, and have any of you been in the same position as me?

I do care about my A Levels, but I'm just soo lazy and I procrastinate too much. I actually revised way more for my GCSEs, idk why I'm not trying harder for my A Levels? :confused:

It isn't too late. However, I will offer you some Retrospect advice.

- I barely revised for my January modules in my AS Year. As a result, I'm retaking three exams and I'm only doing 2 A-Levels. GET Revising! Sit down with your books, and write out your notes, mindmaps, whatever works for you. Nothing is worse than doing badly and knowing you could have done better.

ReputationRep:
    Start revising as soon as possible. Revise bio and chemistry, half and half each day. Day before go through exam past papers once those exams are out of the way. Then smash geography for a week, then smash maths for a week. then relax. aim for C's. Any better and you're laughing.
    i hate procrastination! i do the same.

What's with my negs... fine don't start revising...

ReputationRep:
    What exam boards are you on for the biology and chemistry?

I've got maths the same day as you, but thats the only one I have. Im sure if you really knuckle down you do just fine good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. and C's.. I'm definitely going to have to retake! Well, I guess it's my fault at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _SchmankleVet_)
    What exam boards are you on for the biology and chemistry?

I've got maths the same day as you, but thats the only one I have. Im sure if you really knuckle down you do just fine good luck!
    I'm with OCR for Biology and AQA for Chemistry. How about yourself? and thanks you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Prince)

- I barely revised for my January modules in my AS Year. As a result, I'm retaking three exams and I'm only doing 2 A-Levels. GET Revising! Sit down with your books, and write out your notes, mindmaps, whatever works for you. Nothing is worse than doing badly and knowing you could have done better.
    This person has given great advice, use it.
    Keep working, you'll never know. It's better to get AUUU then DDDD. At least this way you're not retaking that one module. Keep at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Griyu)
    This person has given great advice, use it.
    Keep working, you'll never know. It's better to get AUUU then DDDD. At least this way you're not retaking that one module. Keep at it.
    I know. And do you mean it's better to get AUUU than DDDD?

ReputationRep:
    -Biology, next wednesday
    -Maths- 14th January
    -Geography- 21st January

I was revising here and there, but I just started hard core revision yesterday ^_^

Its not too late but you've got to work hard.

ReputationRep:
    Tip: it is NEVER too late.

I've picked up vital stuff [which I'm sure made the difference between grade boundaries] while panic revising just before entering the exam hall.

ReputationRep:
    It is never too late.

ReputationRep:
    There's no point asking if its too late to revise because any revision is better than no revision. Cramming is your friend, I try and revise in advance but if I'm being really honest, I only get serious motivation to do hardcore revision about a week before the exam, and I haven't majorly failed so far.

Keep at it, and don't lower your expectations, aim for those A's!

ReputationRep:
    At least you recognise that A levels are difficult, lots of people go into January exams thinking they can do as well as at gcse by putting in the same effort. You won't...

But its not the end of the world, I went in with that attitude and had to do 11 exams in the summer, but did pretty well in them. You might as well do some revision, but don't expect amazing results. If you are lucky you won't have to resit all of your exams.

But learn a lesson and work harder next time.

EDIT: actually looking at your timetable for exams, it isn't too bad... Work hard at bio and chem, but you will have a weekend for maths and then that week for the geography. best of luck

ReputationRep:
    I know. And do you mean it's better to get AUUU than DDDD?
    Yes, I meant than.
    Hard to believe I got an A in English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Prince)

Very true

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you'll be fine. I basically never did any work then about a week before exams I would eat/breathe and sleep work and only give myself a half hour break each day for dinner and I got good grades.

Just knuckle down now! There's no denying you will be tired and grumpy from stress all week, but heh it pays off in the end and I personally prefered the strategedy of only working super hard to the point where I wanted to combust for a couple weeks than working at a reasonable pace for a couple of months :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar position. I have 6 exams...4 AS: C2, Chem 1, Bio 2, Business 2
    4 A2: Chem 4, Business 3

I've done a lot for C2. I think I'll do good in Chem 1 and Bio 2 but I haven't done anything for Chem 4, Business 2 and 3. Scary ****.

ReputationRep:
    This revision between now and the exam, can make the difference between a grade, or even more than a few grades.
    No it's not too late, it can change what you get!

ReputationRep:
    Much like you, I have only recently started revision for the January exams.

However, I am only taking one exam, which is a re-sit. Last minute FTW!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.