Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I found this website as a link on this website http://www.savethestudent.org/make-m...njections.html
    The website which I do not know if it is real and safe is http://www.slicethepie.com/ Has anyone ever used this site? Is it safe? And how much do you earn?

ReputationRep:
    It's a real and safe website. You make about 3-4 pence per music review you do. I tried it for about 40 minutes, made £1 and realised I was working at a rate of £1.50 an hour which is obviously terrible. However, you can earn 10-15 pence per review and just about hit minimum wage if you put the effort in. This does depend on how well written your reviews are and you'll need to gain experience points to hit the high figures. Well I say 'high,' but, you know...

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much anything posted on Savethestudent is safe. I know that they are on the side of students as opposed to the companies which is why they are different from other money saving sites!

ReputationRep:
    I've earnt like £1 on there and I can't be asked anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Integer)
    I've earnt like £1 on there and I can't be asked anymore
    Did you know that the phrase is "can't be ars*d"??

I had an account ages ago and it did take me a while to get the money going. I got an account on there and loads of other places too like survey sites and did them when I had spare time during the year.

By the time that Christmas came I had about £300 in total over all my account and it meant I could buy presents without worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Jakal)
    Did you know that the phrase is "can't be ars*d"??

I had an account ages ago and it did take me a while to get the money going. I got an account on there and loads of other places too like survey sites and did them when I had spare time during the year.

By the time that Christmas came I had about £300 in total over all my account and it meant I could buy presents without worrying.
    Nice life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    Nice life.
    If you work hard you can enjoy a nice life. When I say spare time I actually spent hours on these sites every week and saw it a bit like a part time job!

Might have been a little boring but I enjoyed going out most nights because I was careful with my money otherwise.

Don't quite get what you are getting at?

ReputationRep:
    If you work hard you can enjoy a nice life. When I say spare time I actually spent hours on these sites every week and saw it a bit like a part time job!

Might have been a little boring but I enjoyed going out most nights because I was careful with my money otherwise.

Don't quite get what you are getting at?
    Filling in surveys in return for money is not hard work.

ReputationRep:
    You assume that's all I did....

ReputationRep:
    Maybe but it certainly sounds soul crushing...

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much anything posted on Savethestudent is safe. I know that they are on the side of students as opposed to the companies which is why they are different from other money saving sites!
    Well, you would say that seeing as you appear to run the site...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Well, you would say that seeing as you appear to run the site...
    I am a strong contributor to the site (although don't run it) and I have never denied that... it even says it in my profile.

That is how I know they are on the side of students and I make sure it stays that way.

Compared to other sites in the student market (which I obviously know a lot about) STS is transparent and more like a moneysavingexpert.

Obviously I'm always going to be a little biased just as I'm sure other people would like Martin Lewis and MSE for example.

I guess you could say that I enjoy helping people (especially in the area of finance) as I find it rewarding as I can see you do too through your excellent posts on the TSR forum!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1328408211
    try this, its really easy to get started and straightforward

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.