Is this website safe? Watch

_-_Ella_-_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I found this website as a link on this website http://www.savethestudent.org/make-m...njections.html
The website which I do not know if it is real and safe is http://www.slicethepie.com/ Has anyone ever used this site? Is it safe? And how much do you earn?
Kre
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's a real and safe website. You make about 3-4 pence per music review you do. I tried it for about 40 minutes, made £1 and realised I was working at a rate of £1.50 an hour which is obviously terrible. However, you can earn 10-15 pence per review and just about hit minimum wage if you put the effort in. This does depend on how well written your reviews are and you'll need to gain experience points to hit the high figures. Well I say 'high,' but, you know...
The_Jakal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pretty much anything posted on Savethestudent is safe. I know that they are on the side of students as opposed to the companies which is why they are different from other money saving sites!
Integer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've earnt like £1 on there and I can't be asked anymore
The_Jakal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Integer)
I've earnt like £1 on there and I can't be asked anymore
Did you know that the phrase is "can't be ars*d"??

I had an account ages ago and it did take me a while to get the money going. I got an account on there and loads of other places too like survey sites and did them when I had spare time during the year.

By the time that Christmas came I had about £300 in total over all my account and it meant I could buy presents without worrying.
UKBrah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The_Jakal)
Did you know that the phrase is "can't be ars*d"??

I had an account ages ago and it did take me a while to get the money going. I got an account on there and loads of other places too like survey sites and did them when I had spare time during the year.

By the time that Christmas came I had about £300 in total over all my account and it meant I could buy presents without worrying.
Nice life.
The_Jakal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by UKBrah)
Nice life.
If you work hard you can enjoy a nice life. When I say spare time I actually spent hours on these sites every week and saw it a bit like a part time job!

Might have been a little boring but I enjoyed going out most nights because I was careful with my money otherwise.

Don't quite get what you are getting at?
UKBrah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you work hard you can enjoy a nice life. When I say spare time I actually spent hours on these sites every week and saw it a bit like a part time job!

Might have been a little boring but I enjoyed going out most nights because I was careful with my money otherwise.

Don't quite get what you are getting at?
Filling in surveys in return for money is not hard work.
The_Jakal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You assume that's all I did....
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe but it certainly sounds soul crushing...
Origami Bullets
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pretty much anything posted on Savethestudent is safe. I know that they are on the side of students as opposed to the companies which is why they are different from other money saving sites!
Well, you would say that seeing as you appear to run the site...
The_Jakal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Well, you would say that seeing as you appear to run the site...
I am a strong contributor to the site (although don't run it) and I have never denied that... it even says it in my profile.

That is how I know they are on the side of students and I make sure it stays that way.

Compared to other sites in the student market (which I obviously know a lot about) STS is transparent and more like a moneysavingexpert.

Obviously I'm always going to be a little biased just as I'm sure other people would like Martin Lewis and MSE for example.

I guess you could say that I enjoy helping people (especially in the area of finance) as I find it rewarding as I can see you do too through your excellent posts on the TSR forum!

TheHonestOne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1328408211
try this, its really easy to get started and straightforward
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (258)
75.66%
No (83)
24.34%

Watched Threads