Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to become healthier and fitter? Watch

Announcements

Hi all, I have to be honest, I'm quite lazy. :/ At the minute I'm 6ft, and very skinny. I want to bulk up and tone up a bit. But I don't want to purchase any equipment and I would like to do home workouts.

What home workouts can I do that will make me toned? And how many reps. of each exercise etc.?

Thanks for replying,

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know, but press-ups maybe??

ReputationRep:
    Well firstly you have to get serious with yourself, it's not going to happen over night.

Your going to need to eat plenty of proteins, and keep up with water and your fruits. There are plenty of bodyweight workouts you can do, start up with some crunches, pushups..(Youtube bodyweight workouts) Try and start off with three sets of 15 reps see how you go, make sure your doing them all properly, no feet under the sofa; and make sure you do a pressup properly, practice the stance before the technique.

I'd suggest some Dumbells, plenty you can do with them that come with the info guide. If your lazy you have to break the habbit, once you get into the swing of things you'll feel a lot better in the first 3-4 weeks, and start to see a nice steady difference in about 2-4 months.

Work hard and look after your body, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    The best way to see results:

Get a pull up bar.

Everyday, do 3 maximum effort sets of press ups in the morning.

Later in the day, do the 'armstrong pull up program' (google it)

Also, go running 1-2 times a week for about 30 minutes.

You will see progress in terms of strength, size and fitness with the above simple program, and it will motivate you to look into more advanced programs.

The key point to any new exercise regime is that you MUST SEE RESULTS. If it's so complicated you can't even tell if you've improved, then you'll lose interest.

But if you can see your getting stronger, doing more press ups and pull ups each week, running a bit further each week, you will stick it out.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.