Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Young lad blacks up to look like football idol. Typical overreaction as usual. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Leeds are ****ing balls anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm black and I'm not at all offended by this. He wasn't mocking anyone, only dressing up as someone he idolises. Big woop. This outrage is as pathetic as the massive hooha over Samantha Brick's "I'm so beautiful" articles. Why can't people just get a life and find more important things to get upset about?

ReputationRep:
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so ****ing what?' —Stephen Fry

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic-the racist card is thrown around way too freely nowadays. EVERYTHING is racist. EVERY BLOODY THING.
    People need to get a grip. Since ethnic minorities have been accepted, you can't say anything about them without people blabbing on about racism....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I'm black and I'm not at all offended by this. He wasn't mocking anyone, only dressing up as someone he idolises. Big woop. This outrage is as pathetic as the massive hooha over Samantha Brick's "I'm so beautiful" articles. Why can't people just get a life and find more important things to get upset about?
    Is there a Godwin's law for Samantha Brick yet?

ReputationRep:
    I bet this whole incident isn't as bad as the daily mail makes it out to be. Sensationalised journalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlecup93)
    The only issue here should be...why does a 10 year old have a twitter account?
    I would rep you but it's a frivolous exercise worth 0 rep points to you but I missed that whole angle whilst reading. It's a great point, I don't like my sister having Facebook and Twitter at 13 why is it that parents are permitting their kid to have Twitter, which is a far less child friendly environment (you only have to search #TIYFT) aged 10!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodlecup93)
    The only issue here should be...why does a 10 year old have a twitter account?

Up to date tweets on Vernon Kaye's new haircut.

DURGH.

ReputationRep:
    for once i actually agree with the DM readers comments on this theyre all defending the kid... the perfect two being how can a tenyr old be racist and the second defining racism... people seriously dont know what the damn word means anymore do they?

ReputationRep:
    I whitened myself up to look like the Joker once...

I must be pure evil.

ReputationRep:
    waaa waaa its PC gone mad!

ReputationRep:
    Great, that's one more young child who will grow up with a totally distorted view of what racism is. Absolutely appalling.

ReputationRep:
    When I looked at comments relating to this on twitter all of the comments saying it was racist were from white people who were clearly trying to get black people to like them. All of the comments I saw from black people said how ridiculous the claims of racism were, and that if anything it was funny, and in some ways flattering that he wants to be black. The people that claim things like this are racist are actually extremely detrimental to the racial equality campaign.

ReputationRep:
    I bet if he had gone as a white version of Diouf, people would've raged about that, too. "You're blatantly ignoring his racial heritage! How dare you!" etc.

I hate this nitpicking society. He's a kid having fun. What's the issue, really?

ReputationRep:
    El hadj diouf is a football idol now ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyEddy)
    I whitened myself up to look like the Joker once...

I must be pure evil.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn. :evil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adileh)
    Sick and tired of the faux outrage over the race issue in this country.
    This young white lad blacked up like his idol el hadji Diouf and even had a photo with him.
    Everyone found it funny including diouf but that didnt stop the PC moral police putting a downer on the fun.

People need to grow up. This is NOT racism. It's just creating divisions when none exist.

Lots of photos in the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2256190/El-Hadji-Diouf-Father-apologises-son-engulfed-Twitter-race-storm-blacking-face-resemble-player.html
    Just complete media bs like usual.The reality is that a few dumb people here and there have commented on this kids makeup and called him a racist. So the daily mail just makes up a fake controversy and the stupid tsr users like usual jump on the PC police bandwagon. Now, every Tom, **** and Harry is going to find this kids profile and he will get completely vile comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Think the Samantha Brick hooha was about her massively overestimating herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmpr97)
    Think the Samantha Brick hooha was about her massively overestimating herself.
    Yeah that level of delusion tends to infuriate people to quite serious levels. She also said some inflammatory stuff but I fail to see how it's relevant to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adileh)
    Sick and tired of the faux outrage over the race issue in this country.
    This young white lad blacked up like his idol el hadji Diouf and even had a photo with him.
    Everyone found it funny including diouf but that didnt stop the PC moral police putting a downer on the fun.

People need to grow up. This is NOT racism. It's just creating divisions when none exist.

Lots of photos in the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2256190/El-Hadji-Diouf-Father-apologises-son-engulfed-Twitter-race-storm-blacking-face-resemble-player.html
    A blo0dy overreaction!!

I think some young black lad should whiten his face and pose in front of a favourite white idol and then just post all of the pics all on twitter and direct them at those imbeciles who screamed "racist" - then we'll see what they're on about then!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.