Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

normal clothes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So im a 17 year old who recently started buying his own clothes. I have brought 4 plain t shirts off amazon and they were cheap but very bad quality.
    I was wondering where I can get reasonably priced normal branded clothes online. Im looking mainly for jumpers, t shirts etc nothing posh like shirts. I don't want anything that draws attention. I saw some 'timberland' things that looked ok, if anyone knows any store similar that would be great, much appreciated.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=tim...9,r:4,s:0,i:97

ReputationRep:
    I use Next to get plain shirts. they do normal t-shirts, slim fit t-shirts and v-neck t-shirts for £6 each in all different colours.

ReputationRep:
    This is great pretty much what I was looking for

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    American Apparel is great for basics and are consistently very good quality (although that is reflected in the price). Definitely worth a look at on Ebay too.

ReputationRep:
    I find Uniqlo excellent for basic clothes like t-shirts, plain shirts etc.

ReputationRep:
    75 quid are you serious? Uniqlo or Gap is best for basics. Sounds to me like you're trying to be a wallflower. This is not cool, it will just show people you're unconfident. I used to know so many guys who went around in nothing but jeans, blue t-shirt and grey hoodie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobsta10)
    I use Next to get plain shirts. they do normal t-shirts, slim fit t-shirts and v-neck t-shirts for £6 each in all different colours.
    It says I need to be 18 to shop here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    It says I need to be 18 to shop here
    I'm guessing you mean to shop online and this is the age to register. I didn't realise there was a restriction as my mum has an account with them already so I use that and pay her back.

Is there someone over 18 that can set an account up so you can use it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobsta10)
    I'm guessing you mean to shop online and this is the age to register. I didn't realise there was a restriction as my mum has an account with them already so I use that and pay her back.

Is there someone over 18 that can set an account up so you can use it?
    Its fine you can put any age in and it works

ReputationRep:
    I would always recommend ASOS it takes a while to search through all their things but it has great variety, great brands and the sales are awesome

P.s. I would only recommend purchasing from the sales

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend: Gap,Next,H&M,Asos and Uniqlo for basic clothes for guys.Most guy friends get clothes from there,as they don't like overly expensive or branded clothes,just regular stuff that is of a fairly decent but affordable quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam00)
    So wearing that makes someone unconfident? Ha!
    Everyone does have their "can't be bothered" days but by and large it's a sign of unconfidence. It was fairly obvious in the people I knew. They didn't even walk with their backs straight and they weren't very assertive.

ReputationRep:
    Burton, next, topman, Gap, H&M

Will post more if I can think of any.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guy, I have a good variety now

ReputationRep:
    Hollister, Jack Wills, Tommy Hilfiger these are great, cheap brands and they have lots of different styles and the stuff is kind of similar to timberland

ReputationRep:
    H&M, Uniqlo, Gap, Zara, Forever 21 and pull and bear are really good for basic clothing, some are better quality but all reasonlby cheap. Forever 21 has a good sale for guys aswell, basic top for around £3 aswell, worth a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    Everyone does have their "can't be bothered" days but by and large it's a sign of unconfidence. It was fairly obvious in the people I knew. They didn't even walk with their backs straight and they weren't very assertive.
    Oh get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Oh get a grip.
    I'm getting an incoming psychic signal, I can see what you are wearing, it's black cardigan, black jeans, black.....um black.. it's coming to me..flat shoes! Basically you dress as boringly as the OP which is why you are getting upset. Girls like you and guys like him need to get out of your comfort zone. I'm not a fashion Nazi, I'm saying this for your own good. It will boost your confidence which can only be a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.R)
    I'm getting an incoming psychic signal, I can see what you are wearing, it's black cardigan, black jeans, black.....um black.. it's coming to me..flat shoes! Basically you dress as boringly as the OP which is why you are getting upset. Girls like you and guys like him need to get out of your comfort zone. I'm not a fashion Nazi, I'm saying this for your own good. It will boost your confidence which can only be a good thing.
    Lol, you're so wrong it's laughable. I'm not getting upset, so I don't know where you got that from

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.