Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dj1015)
    Looks like all the dole lovers on this thread got a kick in the nads tonight.

The first very small steps towards minimising the welfare state.
    this is a disgusting attitude, should people who dont have jobs or are disabled just die in the streets then?

ReputationRep:
    You must also cut immigration the same time while cutting benefits, its as simple as that. The government have been but in place to serve the people who live here, not for outsiders. If you only cut benefits there will be riots and social unrest.

"Edit" Coming from an unemployed man for nearly two years now. I'm fed up of factories and industry importing foreign workers all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex5455)
    this is a disgusting attitude, should people who dont have jobs or are disabled just die in the streets then?
    As someone else mentioned earlier, he's just a child with no life experience convinced his ideology is right.

Posted from TSR Mobilek

ReputationRep:
    where did i say or imply this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uktotalgamer)
    Give yourself over man. Yes, the poor should be supported, but the benefit scrounging thieves in the North should be deported. Same goes for those that live off benefits because their overweight. Why should they be entitled?
    I hate your anti-Northern sentiment here. You're implying that nobody in the north is determined to find work, you can't just write off millions and millions of people off like that. And maybe if employers didn't discriminate against fat people they'd be more likely to work.

Yeah, because no benefit scrounging thieves live in the south. Also this might be worth your time:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/b...f-Britain.html

ReputationRep:
    where did i say or imply this?
    well if you want to remove benefits how do these people live and eat? pretty straight forward.

also you are not allowed to use the words "voluntary" "charity" and "savings" in your answer.

ReputationRep:
    well if you want to remove benefits how do these people live and eat? pretty straight forward.

also you are not allowed to use the words "voluntary" "charity" and "savings" in your answer.
    lets try this then....

if you want to keep benefits. Where are you going to get the money from...

You are not allowed to use the terms "higher taxes on the rich" , "more regulation" or anything to do with increasing the size of the state...

ReputationRep:
    lets try this then....

if you want to keep benefits. Where are you going to get the money from...

You are not allowed to use the terms "higher taxes on the rich" , "more regulation" or anything to do with increasing the size of the state...
    change the tax code and remove all loopholes, that will raise a nice chunk, and yep i am allowed to use higher taxes on the rich because taxes on millionaires are far too low

ReputationRep:
    change the tax code and remove all loopholes, that will raise a nice chunk, and yep i am allowed to use higher taxes on the rich because taxes on millionaires are far too low
    then i am allowed to use charities....

we agree about something... the tax code.

it does need work. Shortening, so tax evasion dose not happen so much.

as for your comment about taxing the rich more, PLease :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty opposite. I come from a working class family and I'm not well off, we're snug though, not quite comfortable.

However, I'm pretty angry that child benefits are being taken away from high earners. If they're for the 'child' who technically earns nothing then every child should be entitled to it. On the other hand if people make the decision to have a child then really they should finance it but I understand there are situations where this financial help is really needed.

ReputationRep:
    then i am allowed to use charities....

we agree about something... the tax code.

it does need work. Shortening, so tax evasion dose not happen so much.

as for your comment about taxing the rich more, PLease :rolleyes:
    charities wouldnt work though, selfish people like you already grudge everyone welfare like youd give voluntarily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbroseee)
    I'm pretty opposite. I come from a working class family and I'm not well off, we're snug though, not quite comfortable.

However, I'm pretty angry that child benefits are being taken away from high earners. If they're for the 'child' who technically earns nothing then every child should be entitled to it. On the other hand if people make the decision to have a child then really they should finance it but I understand there are situations where this financial help is really needed.
    im laughing so hard it hurts......This statement is wrong on so many levels.

for a start children benefit should not exist at all. Its not the tax payers job to look after other peoples children.

the simple solution to child benefit is to tell would be mothers and fathers that they have to finance their own children.

ReputationRep:
    charities wouldnt work though, selfish people like you already grudge everyone welfare like youd give voluntarily
    you assuming much about me dont you.....

ReputationRep:

for a start children benefit should not exist at all. Its not the tax payers job to look after other peoples children.

the simple solution to child benefit is to tell would be mothers and fathers that they have to finance their own children.
    And if they can't?

ReputationRep:
    you assuming much about me dont you.....
    plenty of evidence to back it up

ReputationRep:

What if said child was born as a result of rape or the abortion of the child would of caused damage to the mothers health or even death.

Are those people not entitled to help if they are unemployed or should they be made to suffer?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbroseee)

Benefits are for people who need them. Why does someone earning £60k "need" £20 a week? If you do, you have some serious budgeting issues.

Many people earning that amount just put it in their childs trust fund. I'm sorry; but if you can do that, you don't need it. The child may technically earn nothing; but the it's the parents responsibility to feed and clothe the child. Why should a single person with no children on £10k subsidise a life style choice?

Child benefit should be scrapped and lumped together with tax credits.

The fact is, we spend far too much money. We should start saving money by not giving it to those who don't need it. Unless anyone can really justify why someone on £60k per year "needs" £20 a week?

It's amazing how the original crisis of capitalism has been gradually reframed by liberal-capitalist governments and the corporate media, into a crisis of public debt and, ultimately, a crisis of welfare and 'scroungers'. We might be forgiven for thinking any of this had anything to do with capitalism busting itself on credit coupled with its greed and recklessness.

It's obviously much easier to target the unemployed, the disabled and the poor more generally.

ReputationRep:
      Looks like all the dole lovers on this thread got a kick in the nads tonight.
      So did a lot of very hard working people.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by InnerTemple)
      So did a lot of very hard working people.
      evidence?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.